Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Covid19 and Children   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started May-9 by Jeri (azpaints); 793 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

May-9

Apparently while this does resemble Kowasaki, it is different.

As some children go into inflammatory shock, doctors urgently study COVID-19 in kids
Solving the mystery of how the coronavirus impacts children has gained sudden steam, as doctors try to determine if there's a link between COVID-19 and kids with a severe inflammatory illness, and researchers try to pin down their contagiousness before schools reopen.

Read in Axios: 
https://apple.news/ALANdcjlFTPuQZcA9htmlrA

Sent from my iPad
Showtalk
Staff

May-9

They want to open schools.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-9

My concern was the virus and it's affect on kids, nothing to do with private or oublic school.  ETA. I reread the article and so no mention of schools.

Showtalk
Staff

May-9

That isn’t what I meant. If they return to school, some will get sick.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-9

Kids always get sick the first few months of school.  When we were kids, it wasn't as bad, but we played outside in the sun all summer long.  And once school started, we had 2 recesses, exercise time and an hour for lunch, which all took place outside in the fresh air and sun.  Kids are locked up indoors and in a chair for more hours then should be allowed.  And when Johnny, or Jane, gets fidgety and can't concentrate, they throw him/her on drugs.  But because they are pharmaceutical drugs it must be ok...

It's totally insane what they do to the kids nowadays. It's not healthy!

Jeri (azpaints)

May-9

That's true whether their school is public or private...blue collar or Ivy League.  Viruses don't respect income, political or religious preferences.  Viruses are like the chicken crossing the road...they go wherever they want, lol.

Showtalk
Staff

May-9

Many parents say no to drugs. Schools can’t put children on drugs only parents can? It is illegal for a school to stay a student can only attend if they are medicated for ADD or ADHD.  They may be able to require it if a student is bipolar or schizophrenic.

Showtalk
Staff

May-9

I agree. I never said only public schools are at risk.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-9

I never said schools can put kids on drugs.  Parents however, are pressured.

Showtalk
Staff

May-9

Parents should always say no unless it’s their idea and their choice.  Schools have no right to pressure parents.