Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Effects of reopening   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started May-10 by Jeri (azpaints); 1149 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

May-10

I'm sure each of us will see reports on local effects of reopening so thought a new thread would be a good idea so we can have a wider view than just our city or state.

Coronavirus flares as states and countries ease social distancing guidelines
Cases springing up in Pasadena, South Korea and elsewhere point to the resilience of the virus

Read in The Washington Post: https://apple.news/AV3J-BNdlQqavOoKftTiqaQ

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-10

Well, there is nothing we can do about it.  If they hyped the flu every year, and put the fear into those that allow fear to run their lives, we'd stay locked in our homes for the rest of our lives.  You cannot put toothpaste back into the tube.  So let's get on with our lives.

The so called leaders in this country are telling us this lock down is a law, there is no such law.  They are using their militarized cops to threaten people with arrest.  Which to law-abiding citizens that is more scary then this virus.

And why are they/we listening to this Dr. Fauci?  All he ever was or is, is a MD.  He hasn't seen a patient in over 20 years.  And Bill Gates, he isn't a doctor at all, never finished college.  Why do they think they have the right to rule our lives.  They don't, unless you let them.

FDR - the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

The people that want to be locked up in your home, w/o an income, w/o food, then it's their right to do so.  But that doesn't give anyone the right to tell others they have to imprison themselves in their homes.  Mainstream media is doing everything to shame and make the American people believe it is shameful, for anyone to decide for themselves what is right.  That is what is shameful.

Showtalk
Staff

May-10

We knew that would happen, but it’s inevitable.  Flattening the curve, as we have discussed was not about preventing any future exposure.  People are going to eventually get some form of this, unless they are isolated forever.

Showtalk
Staff

May-10

It’s interesting, the number of flu deaths has gone down since corona took over.  They are often being listed as COVID deaths rather than flu.

I understand we need a medical expert at the forefront. But Fauci is also political, which has come out more recently.  They need an economist with some common sense also giving inputs.  His are only recommendations but he made a huge error.  He said we need to isolate until there is a vaccine, but he knows it could take 5 years for a vaccine to be tested for future side effects, and that there very likely will never be one to prevent the illness.  If there is one released after 18 months, it will not have been tested enough to know fo any side effects or full efficiency in stopping the spread of the virus.  So he has been saying something that isn’t even based on fact.  I will not be a vaccine guinea pig.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-10

The real question is how bad will it get.  I saw a researcher say that if we have 10,000 cases on the way up to the top of the curve, we will have 10,000 cases on the way down.  Don't know if that is mathematically sound, but seems reasonable.

I don't think everyone will get this, That's why the flu is still around.  Everyone did not get vaccinated, many didn't get immunity and a ton haven't been exposed yet.

Showtalk
Staff

May-10

But it is unavoidable. Eventually people have to leave their homes.  I wonder how many cases of agoraphobia have been created by this panic.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-10

I suspect there will be a ton of unexpected consequences.   People in treatment for antisocial tendencies are probably backsliding by the hundreds.

Jeri (azpaints) said:

People in treatment for antisocial tendencies are probably backsliding by the hundreds.

by the hundreds of thousands more likely. Probably more psych problems exacerbated by this than covid-19 cases by the time the dust settles.

I wonder how many suicides will happen out of despair among those with no income, no hope, and no access to interventions?

Then there's all the heart attacks and strokes and stuff that are NOT showing up in the emergency rooms. I wonder how many of those will end up as "reports of a foul odor coming from apartment # (fill in blank). Resident has not been seen in 2 weeks and has not responded to calls, texts, or emails. Complaintant says it looks like the windows are crawling alive with flies."

Jeri (azpaints)

May-11

OMG, wish you had been a wee bit less descriptive The flies did me in!

Showtalk
Staff

May-11

I talked to an extended family member of the weekend who is a clinical psychologist, whose practice is enormous right now.  They are able to see people via a secure chat or phone line and don’t have enough hours in the week to see everyone. They are working 6 days a week and former commute times are gone, leaving those hours for patients too.  Everyone is affected,

I read that reading causes less depression so if anyone feels depressed, read a book.