Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should the lockdown extend for three more months?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started May-13 by Showtalk; 726 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

May-13

Should the lockdown extend for three more months?
  • Yes, but only in blue states1  vote
    4%
  • Yes, but only in severely affected states or counties4  votes
    17%
  • Yes, everywhere for all people7  votes
    30%
  • No, schools need to open, parents need to work7  votes
    30%
  • Maybe, I want more information3  votes
    13%
  • I don't know1  vote
    4%
Yes, but only in blue states 
Yes, but only in severely affected states or counties 
Yes, everywhere for all people 
No, schools need to open, parents need to work 
Maybe, I want more information 
I don't know 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

May-13

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

May-13

Jeri (azpaints)

May-13

The problem with a state by state plan is if you don't like/can't do what you want in your home state, you can go to a state with looser restrictions.  Example is gun contro.  CA has strong gun control, AZ is almost wide open.  All someone has to do is cross the border into Quartzsite AZ and buy whatever they want.

also some state supreme courts have upheld the orders, SCOTUS has refused to review one case. Letting the stay at home orders stay in effect.

Showtalk
Staff

May-13

But constitutionally that options belongs to the states.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-13

Yes, but cooperation would be nice right now 

Showtalk
Staff

May-13

It would be there is so much confusion and disagreement.  I’m sick of Fauci.  I’m tired of his voice, his face, and everything about him.  He’s everywhere all the time.  I don’t even care if he’s right, I just want him to shut up and go away.

MerlinsDad

May-16

It's a very difficult decision to make.  The medical experts seem to think we need to be very cautious in opening up the country.  There's another contingent, however, who seem less concerned about the medical implications and place emphasis on what the shut down is doing to the economy.  Incredibly difficult to determine the best decision at this point; therefore, I voted "I don't know."

Someone posted a meme not too long ago. It showed a juvenile Grim Reaper, whose sickle was labeled "Coronavirus". The adult Grim Reaper's sickle was labeled "Poverty" and he is telling his son, "You ain't seen nothin' yet."

There is a time where lockdowns do more aggregate irreversible damage to more people than the virus. That is where the sociopolitical and economic damage exceeds the medical damage, and eventually the sociopolitical factors are going to topple the regimes that imposed them. We don't know exactly where that tipping point is at, but I suspect many deep blue states are already very close to the flashpoint..

I heard anecdotally (can't find any links on line - maybe that's intentional) that some people with property on the California side of Lake Tahoe, took a page from "los narcotraficantes" and quietly slipped ashore in the dead of night using very low profile watercraft and SCUBA gear, like  SEAL team infitrating hostile territory. They then proceeded on foot to their property, and using night vision gear quietly unlocked the door and went inside maintaining full noise and light discipline

Then they collected papers and valuables they needed, packed them in waterproof packaging, then also under cover of darkness slipped out one by one, locked the door behind them, quietly waded into the water, and towed their stuff out to their watercraft and quietly went out to sea, only starting the engine and powering to the Nevada shore once they had crossed far enough out of California jurisdiction to avoid interception.

And allegedly they offer some clandestine services to exfiltrate people and property from California against travel restrictions - for a price.

Alfi (THIALFI)

May-16

I live in L.A. what happened was that Mayor Garcetti APPEARED to say that everyone had to wear a mask AT ALL TIMES when not at home. He walked that back when faced with public opprobrium. There are a lot of people making their own rules in L.A. You won't hear Garcetti and his minions admit it, because some of those "rules" aren't a good idea.

What's going to force the issue in many urban areas will be food shortages.
"For even saintly folk can act like sinners
Unlesss they've had their customary dinners."
-- Mack the Knife