Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What kind of mask do you wear when you have to come in proximity to others?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started May-14 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 4174 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-29

The masks I got are very usable.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-29

N95s are very difficult to breathe in. Hospital staff only wear them when they absolutely have to then take them off.

kizmet1

Jun-29

Good. I have a feeling we will not retire them any day soon
Jeri (azpaints) said:

Counterfeits. My son ordered two that were actually a piece of silky material with elastic ear pieces. The actual mask was single layer only big enough to cover your mouth! $60. Advertised as N95.

Such fraudulent things should be pounced on quickly to stop the revenue going to the shysters, as people lose a lot of hard-earned money on goods that are ineffective. When it comes to any personal protective gear, whether it's a hard hat, safety goggles, technical climbing gear, fall arrestors, etc. - it absolutely MUST truly perform and be properly certified as such since one's life is on the line.

Hopefully I can find genuine ones, and not counterfeits.

Showtalk said:

N95s are very difficult to breathe in. Hospital staff only wear them when they absolutely have to then take them off.

Probably due to the incredibly tiny pore sizes that let air but not pathogens through. That is a lot of air resistance.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-30

My nurse friend said that virus particles re so tiny even an N95 doesn’t stop all transmission, but more important, most people don’t pay enough attention to what they are touching and spread germs with their hands even while wearing masks.

kizmet1

Jun-30

Get 2 pieces of cotton fabric, ponytail bands in hair department and safety pins. Figure out how to connect everthing tigether without sewing.
MerlinsDad

Jun-30

Good luck to you.  N95s still seem hard to fine.