Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What kind of mask do you wear when you have to come in proximity to others?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started May-14 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 4191 views.
kizmet1

May-14

I must have been walking in HD and saw a respirator marked down and grabbed it, thinking it would be handy fir sanding a table. It is just the frame. It will be very easy to stick it in a nylon sock and put a dry disinfectant wipe or a piece of cotton under it as a barrier. My bra in a sock gets warm when the AC is not on. (Wonder if calling a mask a "bra in a sock" would sell a lot? lol.
kizmet1

May-14

Don't worry. I am not scary around strangers. ;)

hahahaha. Yeah an electron microscope is not what you'd call very portable.

Also not very economical to have in the spare bedroom turned into a laboratory unless your name is something like Jeff bezos or marc zuckerberg

I've been using 4 layers of microfiber cloth behind a T shirt fabric type mask. the microfiber is big enough to fully over nose and mouth area.

But I think I'm going to order me one of those steam punk type bird beak plague doctor helmets and a semicustom T shirt with a large biohazard symbol on front and back. That will be my "shopping outfit".

Another T shift I want says

"If I can turn around and punch you in the face you are too f'ing close"

Another one shows a coiled rattlesnake, on a yellow background. Surrounding the snake are a mixture of coronavirus images and biohazard symbols, and the words "Don't Cough On Me"

I might add one of those to my wardrobe.

Now I can't get Weird Al Yankovic's parody of Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" - "Another One Rides the Bus". Hilarious - and an ideal example of how NOT to do social distancing.

Showtalk
Staff

May-14

It might sell. Try it.

Showtalk
Staff

May-14

Saw a guy today in what looked like an old style smooth military tactical helmet and goggles.  I’m not sure what he was protecting his head from. 

So he had no respiratory filtration system?

I searched for "plague doctor mask" on Ebay and got several thousand hits.

kizmet1

May-15

Lol. I am good at inventing things but horrible at following through.