Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What kind of mask do you wear when you have to come in proximity to others?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started May-14 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 4194 views.

So it was a "5150" that really caused all the trouble?

Showtalk
Staff

May-16

Not quite at that point, but very intrusive and obnoxious and loud.

Kind of like a "Karen" but with more of a talking to the imaginary green bugs the CIA sent, than demanding to speak to a manager to get some poor checkout lady fired?

Showtalk
Staff

May-17

The most recent person I know of went right to the top and tried to take out the manager.

Sounds like that one was a real piece of work. Unfortunately, there are people still running around in the world who think it totally revolves around them. They aren't handling virus related inconveniences very well at all.

Showtalk
Staff

May-18

Some of my very nice friends aren’t handling it well, and then they are bragging about what they are doing.  One woman posted a picture of her new haircut. Except hairdressers aren’t open.  It was an extended family member and I think it was a thinly veiled advertisement that the person is open for business.  I also saw the bars in NY aren’t distancing and DeBlasio is going to shut them down again.  

Showtalk said:

Some of my very nice friends aren’t handling it well, and then they are bragging about what they are doing. One woman posted a picture of her new haircut. Except hairdressers aren’t open.

I guess they never learned the basic principle of "loose lips sink ships".

They either are in denial that the Stasi are monitoring social media, or figure there's safety in numbers and the insurrection brewing will result in a successful coup and revolution, and friendly forces will have seized control before any officials manage to get that far down on the list of people to haul off to "re-education" camps.

If one is going to flaunt the law or assorted orders and regulations that would carry the force of law until overturned or a successful overthrow of those issuing said laws and orders is achieved, they should at least have half the street smarts of Pablo Escobar's organization, so that it takes a decade of investigation and infiltration to get busted.

Or if you know you're being monitored, at least throw out red herrings and disinformation to waste the enemy's resources on a lot of snipe hunts.

Showtalk
Staff

May-18

I don’t think a woman who is bragging  about a haircut when it’s banned cares who is reading her posts.

Showtalk said:

I don’t think a woman who is bragging about a haircut when it’s banned cares who is reading her posts.

Clearly she doesn't care. But it is still folly to assume that it can't come back to haunt her some day. Probably not as likely as, say, someone who burglarizes a house and posts pictures on Instagram of them with the loot as they are carrying the stuff out (and was surprised to be arrested and charged for burglary of a habitation and possession of stolen goods).

But the internet is full of busybodies, and social justice warrior types, just looking for a target. Those who make themselves the low-hanging fruit are much more likely to discover they have made themselves a sitting duck.

Showtalk
Staff

May-19

Yes. It even happens here occasionally.  We tend to take our personalities with us wherever we go, whether it’s a message board or social media.  

I saw a news story on stupid criminals.  Although there is the question of how intelligent a burglar is anyway.  A some point in their lives it was a career choice.  The story was about recidivism and the very stupid mistakes some criminals make in being released on zero bail, going out and committing more crimes and then posting about it on social media.