Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you believe COVID death counts were miscounted and misreported?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started May-16 by Showtalk; 1026 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

May-16

Do you believe COVID death counts were miscounted and misreported?
  • No, I think the Colorado numbers were a one time mistake1  vote
    7%
  • Yes, they were in Colorado0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, we will find reported numbers attributed to COVID 19 were wrong everywhe...12  votes
    92%
  • I'm not sure0  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
No, I think the Colorado numbers were a one time mistake 
Yes, they were in Colorado 
Yes, we will find reported numbers attributed to COVID 19 were wrong everywhe... 
I'm not sure 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

May-16

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

May-16

Trump and Birx were right, Fauci was wrong.

“White House Coronavirus Task Force member Dr. Deborah Birx reportedly suggested coronavirus death figures in the U.S. could be inflated by up to 25% due to the way deaths have been classified in hospitals.”

“ ‘There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust,’ “ Birx allegedly said.”

”President Trump has also expressed skepticism about the total number of coronavirus deaths, while coronavirus task force member Dr. Anthony Fauci thinks the number of deaths is higher than being reported.”

Of course Covid-19 death counts are miscounted and under-reported.

If someone has a piano fall on them from a 6th floor apartment window because the movers improperly rigged the hoist, and the victim had tested positive for Covid-19, they might just call it a virus death.

Or maybe they are diagnosed and sheltering in place, and the hair dryer falls into the sink, and they grab it and get electrocuted, they count that as a virus death.

Then with the insufficient test kits, there are probably actual coronavirus deaths that are mis-diagnosed as a heart attack or stroke because one of the symptoms that were not well documented early in the pandemic is sudden clotting of blood in the vessels.

Insufficient testing also inflates the death count because of possibly large numbers of asymptomatic cases quietly running their course under the radar.

Showtalk
Staff

May-16

If they can get the right numbers, they might conclude isolation isn’t necessary.

But certain powers that be don't want the state of emergency and all the power it gives them to come to an end. We see that particularly in certain states, where they likely have been hoping for a crisis to expand their power, and their standard playbook says "never let a crisis go to waste".

Some of what seems to be done in those places is like what I remember outlined in the Communist Manifesto. In ROTC we studied it extensively on the whole theory of "know your enemy" because we were likely going to have to fight them, and to fight to win you have to get in their head and understand the ideology that drives them, thus to better anticipate the strong points to avoid and the weak points to exploit.

kizmet1

May-17

I think that many people in nursing homes or assisted living who were all ready suffering from health problems were easy targets for the virus. It could have been any virus as they can spread very easily in group.living, especially if some are bed ridden.
kizmet1 said:

I think that many people in nursing homes or assisted living who were all ready suffering from health problems were easy targets for the virus. It could have been any virus as they can spread very easily in group.living, especially if some are bed ridden.

Bingo.

If they already have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, it only takes a small outside push. whether it's a virus, a heat wave when the air conditioner quits, or any number of other stressors to finish them off.

kizmet1

May-17

Yes. I think many just give up and will themselves to die, especially if they don't have visitors.
When I was a teen my gm fractured ribs and was put in a nursing home to recover while on drugs. We stocked her room with large boxes of chocolate just so the nurses aides would visit her during the day. They were nursing students from S Africa and very nice women.
Showtalk
Staff

May-17

They don’t want to make a mistake, so they are being much too forceful and controlling.  There is a group in California trying to recall the governor for forcing them to lose their jobs and businesses.  They played with “essential” favoriting businesses they wanted to support and closing others.  People are livid.  There are also the surfers, who tend to be young and supported the Governor, who now hate him and his policies.  He should have learned never come between surfers and their waves.