Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Shopping Today   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started May-16 by kizmet1; 1757 views.
kizmet1

May-16

Was at WM by 10am today. Had toilet paper. Didn't need any. No Lysol spray.
All required to wear a mask.
Costo by 10:30. Masks mandatory. A whole wall of toilet paper, various brands. Plenty of whole chicken and parts. Fish was there but up a dollar. May be seasonal? Plenty of top of the line beef. Freezer well stocked with packages of fruit and vegetables. Organic room was also well stocked with vegetables.
The nice part is that Costco has not raised prices on things. No.Lysol.
Last stop was Fred Meyer, owned by Kroger. Frozen sockeye was on sale. Steelhead filets were less than Costco. Also trying to keep prices down but not as good as Costco. Still no Lysol. Why? Plenty of bleach and other disinfectants. I want something that will not change the color of my shoes like bleach can.
Well, this is todays shopping news. Now run out and get some toilet paper before it is gone, again.
Showtalk
Staff

May-17

That is good to know, although it’s a different area.  If CostCo didn’t have those atrocious lines, I would go tomorrow.  I got TP last week and now I probably have enough for six months or more.  I’m done buying until I’m down to the last few rolls.

I want sanitizing wipes as they are less watery than the spray.

kizmet1

May-17

I got the wipes at the very beginning of the tp grab. Keep forgetting I have them as all the stores have them by the doors. Have not seen any in the stores since. They were the Fred Meyer brand.
Showtalk
Staff

May-17

I haven’t seen any either. A $4 package of germ wipes is $20+ on Amazon. Their prices are no longer low.

kizmet1

May-17

That is terrible.
I was quite happy to see the stores I was at were not gouging everyone. You'd think Amazon would be the same?
Ever notice that some billionaires (Gates, Oprah) and millionaires (Hanks)are either donating money or time to raise money but Bezos has not been heard from?
Showtalk
Staff

May-17

Amazon is swamped but their reputation is going downhill.

kizmet1

May-18

Really? Have their prices gone up? They had a few employees get the virus here
Showtalk
Staff

May-18

According to Clark Howard, their prices used to be discounted, now they are often higher than anywhere else.

kizmet1

May-18

They used to bug me a lot when I first started using a computer 20 years ago. I hate having spam on my computer. I will not do business with anyone who intrudes on my computer. Recently, I head a lot of people swearing by them so I checked them out. They seem to sell a lot of everything of every quality. I was not impressed. I am not a shopaholic. My only purchases by mailorder have been 2 smart phones from qvc.
  • Edited May 18, 2020 11:39 am  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

May-18

You don’t like them but Amazon is the biggest online retailer.