Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

This should concern us   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started May-22 by Jeri (azpaints); 868 views.
Showtalk
Staff

May-22

Taken alone, yes. Taken with zinc or a Zpack, no.  

Jeri (azpaints)

May-22

Per the article. The studies included a combo with microlide, aka erythromycin, which is the active drug in a ZPack.

Showtalk
Staff

May-22

I don’t believe it the way they report it, as they have used it for thousands without problems.  If someone has heart problems, there are many medications they can’t take.  I ant figure out why all these reporters don’t want a cure or a treatment to be found.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-22

The med has been used for malaria.  The scientific tests show it is not affective for Covid with or without ZPack.  I don't think reporters "don't want" a treatment, I think they want scientific proof of effectivenes with few or no side affects.  That is a logical way to feel.  There is no documentation that it has been used successfully by thousands.   Do you believe a GSD breeder who says their lines are disease free or do you want proof?  If a breeder says their dog has "won lots" don't you eabpnt proof?  I'm as particular about my health as I am of my dogs.  

Showtalk
Staff

May-22

Yes, the doctors who use it for Luous discovered not one single Lupus patient got the virus.  There are literally thousands of examples.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-22

That may be true of some of their patients, but it doesn't qualify as a scientific study.   (Nice color, I like it.  I'll have to try a link, see how it shows) 

Jeri (azpaints)

May-22

Testing links with the new color.   Much better!

https://creakyjoints.org/living-with-arthritis/coronavirus/treatments/lupus-patients-do-get-coronavirus/

There Is No Study Proving That ‘Lupus Patients Don’t Get Coronavirus’ Because They Take Hydroxychloroquine

You may have seen recent headlines suggesting that people with lupus, an autoimmune disease that affects about 1.5 million Americans, don’t contract coronavirus because many of them take hydroxychloroquine. This information is not true, and the Global Healthy Living Foundation needs to set the record straight based on data and medical expertise.

Hydroxychloroquine — a first-line lupus therapy that is also commonly used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and other rheumatologic conditions — is currently being studied as a potential treatment for COVID-19 because of its anti-viral properties. But there is no conclusive evidence of its benefits for coronavirus yet.

Rumors are circulating about a study that shows people with lupus don’t get COVID-19, but emerging data says otherwise.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-22

I bet this is the original site for Lupis...note it is self diagnosed Covid plus its patients word of mouth and some said they did gave Covid.  Surveys are not accurate  science.

9541 respondents

95% adults, 5% children (parents responded on their child’s behalf)

25% with rheumatoid arthritis
20% systemic lupus erythematosus
9% Sjogren’s syndrome
7% ankylosing spondylitis

465 patients reported COVID-19 diagnoses (about 5% of respondents)

159 dx themselves based on symptoms
122 dx by a physician based on symptoms
55 dx by a physician based on laboratory tests
87 other (e.g. exposure to a case, presence of symptoms but negative testing, etc.)

2694 of the entire cohort was taking HCQ at the time of the survey (28% of cohort)

2505 did NOT have COVID-19 (93%)
189 DID have COVID-19 (7%)

https://rheum-covid.org/patient-experience-survey-update/

Showtalk
Staff

May-22

There is not study, there are thousands of cases where this is the case.  Why isn’t observation considered a study? Once a sample size tops 100, any physician who wanted to control for factors could write it up as a study.