Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Some cities are losing airline service   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started May-24 by Jeri (azpaints); 1274 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

May-24

I was surprised at some of the cities listed...Albuquerque, Palm Springs, Lincoln, NE,

Feds Grant Approval for 15 Airlines to Halt Service to 75 Airports Because of Low Demand

Even though demand has picked up a bit for U.S. airlines, they are still burning through an estimated $10 billion in cash a month. This reprieve from the federal government on serving airports where there is low passenger counts should help on that front.

Read in Skift: https://apple.news/AAJ0yrYGkRLOxHR3xH6zsaw

Showtalk
Staff

May-24

They will have to fly to nearby cities and then rent a car or skip traveling at all.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-24

yes, and with Hertz filing bankruptcy that may have a bad affect, too.

Showtalk
Staff

May-24

There are other car rental agencies.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-24

Hertz owns two of the others IIRC...plus I suspect this will be the first.  Husband has been in the auto/auto related business since  1975 and he says he expects Enterprise to have issues soon.  

Showtalk
Staff

May-25

That is too bad. I don’t need to rent a car often but when I do, they are always available.  Travelers are going to be in a bind if they can’t get rentals.  The sad irony is that when things open up, more people will rent cars than ever before.  Public transportation as we know it now, may be a thing of the past. Who is going to want to step onto a crowded bus?

Jeri (azpaints)

May-25

My DD is flying Thursday, coming back Monday and the airline has changed her flight 3 times, but the rental car is still okay!  Will be interesting to see what it ends up.  So far! They are just messing with her return flight, which she can work with...if the mess her outgoing flight or her car, she's in trouble.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-25

Public transportation will change.  Not just buses, but cabs, Uber, Lyft, it will be interesting to see the end result.  More cars on the road?  More Uber, Lyft?  

Showtalk
Staff

May-25

I hope it works out.  Does she need to quarantine when she returns?

Showtalk
Staff

May-25

More cars on the road and there won’t be any environmental backlash against it.  But maybe more people will work from home, too.