Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Park confrontation    The Newsy You: News of Today

Started May-26 by Showtalk; 2514 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-18

You are a director, too. You can make a special PSA and shop it around.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-18

That is ridiculous.

That's an idea. I was thinking of a series of maybe 5 or 6 variants to rotate, maybe one with an emphasis on hand washing, another focused specifically on distancing maybe with a strongly backlit scene of someone coughing or sneezing and showing all the droplets going a considerable distance when unmasked, versus when masked.

Well, I've just read a few things like that from the 1970s way back in school. We had to write a couple of short scripts in English Lit in I think 6th grade or so to introduce us to the concept but I've never actually followed through with one, or ever been where the real thing was actually done.

Guess I figured the odds were better of being struck by lightning and winning the lottery on the same day than getting anything to gain traction, and focused my energy elsewhere. But - these days with such stuff as YouTube, it would certainly be possible to recruit some acquaintances to do the part - especially 2 or 3 who actually have a CDL and thus we could do a quick scene with an actual 18 wheeler in, say, an oil field pipe yard or something, and use an improvised green screen to chroma key in other backgrounds since there's open source (or freeware) tools that are capable of doing this.

So maybe, write and shoot the whole thing in a weekend, have about 20x more footage and out-takes than would go into the final version, and just use different bits to make a series of them.

And then find someone willing to be the stalking horse to post them on YouTube, maybe someone with access to TikTok, and see if they go viral?

Well it's not the first time I've ridden that horse. It is nice and cool here today.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-19

You would have no trouble finding actors.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-19

Cool to you is probably 80:degrees.

Showtalk said:

You would have no trouble finding actors.

Although finding funding to me is something I have about the same level of expertise at, as the average 17th century farmer would have about computers.