Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should companies be granted immunity ...   The Serious You: Politics

Started May-28 by Jeri (azpaints); 465 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Poll Question From Jeri (azpaints)

May-28

Should companies be granted immunity from lawsuits forCovid contamination?
  • Yes, absolutely2  votes
    28%
  • No, absolutely not0  votes
    0%
  • If OSHA says they were negligent, no2  votes
    28%
  • If OSHAsays they weren't negligent, yes0  votes
    0%
  • Only on a case by case basis3  votes
    42%
  • DHH and OSHA should decide0  votes
    0%
  • Yes for customers0  votes
    0%
  • No for customers0  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, absolutely 
No, absolutely not 
If OSHA says they were negligent, no 
If OSHAsays they weren't negligent, yes 
Only on a case by case basis 
DHH and OSHA should decide 
Yes for customers 
No for customers 
Other 
Showtalk
Staff

May-28

I have no idea. 

Jeri (azpaints)

May-28

If a company fails to maintain a safe work environment, employees have several different options for recourse.  DH is his companies OSHA reporting person.  Why would unclean conditions be different than a wet spot on the floor.  I'm not saying a free for all, but employees can now under the law expect clean restrooms, eating areas.  As messed up as Congress can get, any law giving employers protection from employees for health endangering would undoubtedly be convoluted and end up protection for employers from falling ceilings.

Showtalk
Staff

May-28

Oh, I misunderstood.  I thought you meant nursing homes.  The only lawsuits I heard of were by families of nursing home victims who were healthy but got COVID and died after Cuomo sent sick people into their homes.  They were suing the nursing homes, when they were not the ones to blame.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-28

No I meant any and all companies.  Congress is trying to pass legislation that gives employers (all) full immunity from lawsuits even IF the deliberately fail to properly decontaminate their premises.

Showtalk
Staff

May-28

Who is trying to pass that and why?

Jeri (azpaints)

May-28

McConnell says no more stimulous packages until he gets that bill passed.  I won't even try to figure his mind out!

Showtalk
Staff

May-28

The last stimulus hasn’t done anything.  It was supposed to get people spending more but they aren’t.  I sort of understand his reasoning, assuming I understood the lawsuit bill, which I don’t.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-28

Most economists say the stimulous payments to people were not even 1/3-1/2 of what it should gave been. 

Showtalk
Staff

May-28

Yes, so where did it go?  They can’t do another one until they know what went wrong with the last one and fix it.