Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

No more killings!   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started May-28 by Showtalk; 486 views.
Showtalk
Staff

May-28

This is possibly the most horrifying, sick tragedy ever shown on the news.  Even this article is wrong. He didn’t appear to be in distress, the police officer was murdering him. He was dead when they put him into the ambulance.  This is one controversy that is non political and has brought people together from all sides.  It needs to stop!

In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

May-28

Jeri (azpaints)

May-28

It does, but stupid rioting makes it less likely to have an affect.

Showtalk
Staff

May-28

The man wasn’t rioting.  He supposedly tried to use a counterfeit $20 bill but it’s not even clear he was the suspect or that if he was, he knew the money was counterfeit.  He resisted arrest at first but he was complaint and restrained.  

Looting and theft in a pandemic are bad, and the rioters also should go to jail.  But they don’t deserve to die for it.  

Jeri (azpaints)

May-28

Looting and rioting dilute the message that what happened is wrong.  It changes the focus from a wrongful death to the massive illegal acts committed in response.  I didn't say he was looting.  I don't think I said they should die for it either but looting a store is an illegal act and police would arrest anyone looting, with or without a riot at the same time!

Showtalk
Staff

May-28

I agree but they are not thinking logically or they wouldn’t loot at all.  They aren’t realizing maybe their bad behavior is why the officer made such a bad decision.  Now he will, or should, go to prison.  

Jeri (azpaints)

May-28

I agree to a point, but some of those "protesters " go to a protest in the hopes of being able to loot and destroy property.

Showtalk
Staff

May-28

Yes, and get other people worked up into doing the same. It’s an excuse to steal.  Someone told me some of the restaurants in her city have a section of free sack lunches for anyone in need, and people are still stealing from them.  They don’t want the free ones, they want the more expensive food.  Not everyone but enough that they may have to stop the free offers.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-28

Minnesota is on fire again and looting went on all day!

Alfi (THIALFI)

May-28

>>>  They aren’t realizing maybe their bad behavior is why the officer made such a bad decision. <<<

Now THAT is a s-t-r-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-t-c-h. The officer had 19 years on the job, and no reason to be kneeling on the neck and back of a downed, handcuffed man. IMO, he's guilty of manslaughter. Let's see if he gets indicted. At least, all four of them were very promptly fired.