Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-15

That is wonderful that you treated everyone the same.  That is how it should be.  At the same time, you also need to direct them toward useful resources, and people have different abilities and needs.

kizmet1

Jun-15

I don't know about the future. Cops may sit in the info for something bigger to happen. Going to court for a small offence might be too expensive
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-15

I agree. A lot will be ignored or will slide.

MerlinsDad

Jun-15

Which is why they gave us good training and why we could call on a co-worker or manager at any time for assistance.   Some of us were quite good at ferreting out resources for diverse needs.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-15

I hope someone else picks up what you were doing since you have retired.

MerlinsDad

Jun-15

The carving on Stone Mountain is a glorification of the Lost Cause.  Davis was the President of the Confederacy; Lee the most famous of the Confederate generals -- almost a revered figure; Stonewall Jackson, one of Lee's generals, a legend in his own time.  It is offensive to a large number of our population.

Lady Liberty never owned slaves.  In fact, given her name and attributes, she would have opposed it.

Lincoln never owned slaves and did not fight for the Confederacy.  There are probably those who oppose his memorization for exactly those reasons,

Washington and Jefferson were both slave owners, but they played key roles in the founding of the nation, so there's ambiguity there.  Lincoln, as I said above, never owned slaves and did not fight for the confederacy.  Theodore Roosevelt was an avid conservationist and aggressively extended the national parks and forests.  He was known as a trust booster and did his best to be fair to both owners and workers.

Mount Rushmore, therefore, because of two slave owners is ambiguous in its memorials. 

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-15

Davis and Jackson were Democrats.  

MerlinsDad

Jun-15

Since I am in Zeta for this forum, I checked it out.  Interesting.  Thanks for the explanation.

MerlinsDad

Jun-15

I have confidence that they will.  It's an excellent group of co-workers and whoever is hired to take my place will get good training and a lot of support.