Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Library Open - Sorta   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started Jun-1 by kizmet1; 287 views.
kizmet1

Jun-1

Just got a live call telling me a movie I have had on hold since March can be picked up by appointment. It will be at a prescheduled time and will be outside the library door. It will be handed to me in a brown paper bag. (It is not x-rated)
I requested a Hugh Jackman movie, The Greatest Showman.
It is strange to pick something up outside but it is a start. I hope it isn't raining.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-1

The bag is to protect you from germs, but the bag itself could have them.

kizmet1

Jun-1

Very true. I carry wipes so I will clean it before putting it in my bag.
BTW, got a new can of Lysol spray at FM last week. Only 3 on top shelf, in the back. As I was trying to reach it a very tall man walked by and got one for me. I told him to get one, too.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-1

That was nice of him. You’re lucky, I can’t find any decent cleaning or disinfecting supplies at all anywhere, except a small bleach and a small vinegar. I don’t use either very much, though.

kizmet1

Jun-1

I was there at 9am. Went for somthing else and, for some reason, turned down the Lysol aisle. Lot of disinfectants but only one spray.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-1

You made me more determined to find some.

EdGlaze

Jun-20

My library sets returned books aside for 3 days to allow time for decontamination.

They have also removed all the children's activities.

kizmet1

Jun-20

It is nice they are open. Mine is still closed. Parents must be going crazy having to babysit their own kids all day long without access to any other books. For the time being, mine are good until July 15.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-21

LOL. I think that is called being a parent.  Lots of babysitting.