Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

  • 3916
    MEMBERS
  • 64064
    MESSAGES
  • 11
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The First Amendment and Protesting   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jun-2 by Jeri (azpaints); 390 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

From: Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-2

Here is an interesting read on what rights protesters have and what restrictions can be placed on "peaceful protests".

If you're planning to take part in protests, know your rights. Read this.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/us/how-to-protest-safely-know-your-rights-wellness-trnd/index.html

Showtalk
Staff

From: Showtalk

Jun-2

Peaceful protests.  Isn’t most of that common sense knowledgeable? I am surprised anyone would show up for a protest without knowing their rights.  I wonder how many who were violent or destructive got carried away vs went in knowing they were going to do so.

Jeri (azpaints)

From: Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-2

Someone on TVsaid if you go to a protest carrying a big rock, knife, a bat, a stick, a gun, a shotgun or an assault rifle, you are not going with the intent of participating in a peaceful protest.  If I had to guess, I'd bet it's pretty close to 45% peaceful, 45% hoping for a chance to loot and 10% just wanting to say "I went, look at my pictures".

Showtalk
Staff

From: Showtalk

Jun-2

A peaceful protestor

In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Staff

From: Showtalk

Jun-2

This is heartbreaking

Jeri (azpaints)

From: Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-2

But there are two types of protestors- violent and peaceful.  Violent are criminals and should be arrested.  Peaceful are exercising their legal First Amendment rights.

The problem is once you decide to attend a protest you must do so in the knowledge you have little control over which your protest will be or become.

kizmet1

From: kizmet1

Jun-3

All the protests in Portland start out with marching and chanting but end up with looting and destruction to both government property at all levels and attacking small businesses. On Friday a small family owned Persian restaurant was torn up. The owners were still ckeaning up on Sunday when it was attacked again. "Persian" is part of the name. It has been around for ages. Why was it destroyed?
Showtalk
Staff

From: Showtalk

Jun-3

It’s still no excuse for her sister to be shot by protestors.

Showtalk
Staff

From: Showtalk

Jun-3

Because it’s not about race?

kizmet1

From: kizmet1

Jun-3

Oh, it's about looting the big bucks stores like Apple and MSFT and the small mom and pop restaurants got in the way even tho they are 5 blocks away? No, not about race at all. HAH!
TOP