Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-10

I suspect they'll ship the patients.  We hit 70K cases tonight.

MerlinsDad

Jul-10

Might be easier, if the receiving hospital has the experience and training to handle a coronavirus patient.  I would think that some of your hospitals are already swamped.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-11

My son worries about available room.  We have three hospitals within 8 miles.  One good, one okay and let's not discuss the third.  I've been in all three.  He raised a real scene the last ambulance ride because he made it clear they could not take me to the third one under any circumstances.  Luckily the first choice had room.

In reply toRe: msg 304
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-11

Coronavirus deaths take a long-expected turn for the worse

NEW YORK (AP) — A long-expected upturn in U.S. coronavirus deaths has begun, driven by fatalities in states in the South a...

Read the full story 

AP News: Coronavirus deaths take a long-expected turn for the worse

NEW YORK (AP) — A long-expected upturn in U.S. coronavirus deaths has begun, driven by fatalities in states in the South and West, according to data on the pandemic.

The number of deaths per day from the virus had been falling for months, and even remained down as states like Florida and Texas saw explosions in cases and hospitalizations — and reported daily U.S. infections broke records several times in recent days.

Scientists warned it wouldnt last. A coronavirus death, when it occurs, typically comes several weeks after a person is first infected. And experts predicted states that saw increases in cases and hospitalizations would, at some point, see deaths rise too. Now thats happening.

“Its consistently picking up. And its picking up at the time youd expect it to, said William Hanage, a Harvard University infectious diseases researcher.

According to an Associated Press analysis of data from Johns Hopkins University, the seven-day rolling average for daily reported deaths in the U.S. has increased from 578 two weeks ago to 664 on July 10 — still well below the heights hit in April. Daily reported deaths increased in 27 states over that time period, but the majority of those states are averaging under 15 new deaths per day. A smaller group of states has been driving the nationwide increase in deaths.

MerlinsDad

Jul-11

Yeah.  We have two hospitals close to us.  I much prefer the one farther away.  My wife has been in the one closer, and I won't permit that to happen again.  That's my concern about some of the rural hospitals treating coronavirus patients. 

MerlinsDad

Jul-11

Wow!  No slow down in sight.  Georgia has had to reopen the overflow facility in the World Congress Center

The Georgia World Congress Center is being reactivated as a COVID-19 overflow facility, the governor's office said Friday.

The GWCC had been cleared of hospital beds that, it turned out, were not necessary during the first significant surge of the pandemic in Georgia.

Now, though, with hospitals filling up and both healthcare professionals and Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms warning of the system being overrun by COVID-19, Gov. Brian Kemp is reconfiguring the GWCC site once more.
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/georgia-world-congress-center-covid-19-overflow-facility-reactivated/85-e3529855-d057-4f06-9ae5-8630ad28e97a

I posted comments this morning about the friction between Mayor Bottoms and Kemp.  The mayor is doing what's best for her citizens.  Kemp is trying to keep the economy open, as Republican ideology dictates.

MerlinsDad

Jul-11

I'll comment on this later.  This increase is what has been worrying me.  One had to expect it as hospitalizations went up.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-11

Oh, wow!  At least your mayor is trying.  Kate Gallegos our mayor is trying but I get the feeling DDD, the AZ legislature and the feds are actively blocking her moves.  I.e. she asked for more testing, so the feds said she didn't need more sites(12 hr wait in 112 degree heat) and then set up an additional test site without asking her where, hours, or procedures!

The reasons I suspect deliberate blockage is she will be a real threat in 2022 for thr R governor candidate.  

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-11

What are rural hospitals designed to treat?  That sounds like a bad situation if they can’t handle serious illnesses.