Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Showtalk
Staff

7/17/20

It was not blaming one individual, it was blaming the entire machine. Whoever made the bad decisions.  I doubt the president made those decisions.

Showtalk
Staff

7/17/20

As we have said before, polls tend to skew away from Republicans.  Polls were very wrong in 2016 and have often been wrong in other elections. The media should stop talking about Trump. They are giving him free publicity. People who would vote for him like that he fights the system.  It makes him more popular among people who might vote for him, not less. And those people are not being polled for a lot of reasons.

MerlinsDad

7/17/20

You and I agree on that, but there seem to be those who like his authoritarianism and decisiveness.

MerlinsDad

7/17/20

I realize that the article is from New Mexico and may not have their facts straight, but I couldn't help but notice that New Mexico is not the only state receiving Arizona patients.

With cases skyrocketing, some residents of Pima County – which includes Tucson – with serious COVID-19 symptoms have been transferred to Albuquerque, San Diego and Las Vegas due to the local health care crisis, The Arizona Daily Star recently reported.

I gather that the number of new cases and hospitalizations in Arizona continue to climb,

Has you governor yet issued a mask mandate?  Are some of your mayors doing so?  Is there conflict?

Showtalk said:

100% positive tests and it’s barely been mentioned in the news. Why are they covering it up?

Rush Limbaugh said something about that today. He said it could be that someone is trying to cook numbers, or they are finally getting around to posting a whole bunch of tests they did a while back that had been sitting in a box in a basement somewhere.

But yeah, clearly with all the other test centers reporting positive test figures around 10%, it just doesn't look credible.

MerlinsDad said:

Remember the saying "knowledge is power,"

and of course, from "1984"

The Hate rose to its climax. The voice of Goldstein had become an actual sheep's bleat, and for an instant the face changed into that of a sheep. Then the sheep-face melted into the figure of a Eurasian soldier who seemed to be advancing, huge and terrible, his sub-machine gun roaring, and seeming to spring out of the surface of the screen, so that some of the people in the front row actually flinched backwards in their seats. But in the same moment, drawing a deep sigh of relief from everybody, the hostile figure melted into the face of Big Brother, black-haired, black-moustachio'd, full of power and mysterious calm, and so vast that it almost filled up the screen. Nobody heard what Big Brother was saying. It was merely a few words of encouragement, the sort of words that are uttered in the din of battle, not distinguishable individually but restoring confidence by the fact of being spoken. Then the face of Big Brother faded away again, and instead the three slogans of the Party stood out in bold capitals:

WAR IS PEACE
  FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
  IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Jeri (azpaints)

7/17/20

I missed that!  San Diego surprises me, but is logical since San Diego county is closer to Yuma, Az - a real hot spot, with not near enough tech support.

I doubt he will ever issue one since last I heard 90% of AZ is covered by county, city mask orders.  With Walmart, Target, CVS, Home Depot and Sam's club mandatory masks. A state wide mandate is not worth much.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Jeri (azpaints)

7/17/20

Newborn Baby Gets Coronavirus in Arizona, Mother Tells Parents 'Be Careful'

https://www.newsweek.com/newborn-baby-gets-coronavirus-arizona-mother-tells-parents-careful-1518584

In reply toRe: msg 425
Jeri (azpaints)

7/17/20

Looks like teens are not as immune as thought 

COVID-19 infections on the rise in kids and teens with school approaching
As the school year draws near, children and teens represent a ballooning percentage of Covid-19 cases in the U.S. as the youngest Americans increasingly venture outside their homes and are able to get tested.

Read in Bloomberg: https://apple.news/AGgHmAPk-R62oCTADuEh2ag