Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

MerlinsDad

Jun-28

June 28

There have been 70,051 people with confirmed cases of coronavirus in Arizona and 1,579 coronavirus-related deaths as of Saturday, according to the state's latest numbers.

That's up from 66,458 cases and 1,535 coronavirus-related deaths reported as of Friday.

https://www.12news.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/here-is-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-coronavirus-in-arizona-on-june-27/75-fe113911-25b9-46ec-b836-4a6147e1ccd1

You all are having a rough good of it.  Are masks required?

Are bars open?

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-28

Some cities have mask requirements, but no consequences or enforcement.  11 Scottsdale bars (think really pricey) have closed over the past week.  4 for violation warning letters and the rest because they realized Scottsdale is deadly serious about pulling liquor licenses.  But our governor has done "not one  dang thing" as the saying goes.  His excuse is that it doesn't do any good to have a regulation everyone ignores.  No statewide prohibitions on anything.  

MerlinsDad

Jun-28

I presume your gub'ner is like ours.  He forbade mayors from setting regulations which supersede his, but we're not as bad off as you all are.  Like most (I presume it's most instead of many) Republican gub'ners, he won't impose a mask mandate.  New cases and hospitalizations are going up, deaths have declined over the past 14 days.

Scottsdale is deadly serious about pulling liquor licenses.

for what violation?

Do you all have specific hotspots or is the virus more or less spread over the state?  Do you have to go out?

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-28

Scottsdale pulled liquor licenses for no masks and exceeding 50% capacity regulation put in by Scottsdale, not DDD - Dumb Doug D.  ( Sorry Showtalk, but that is the nicest moniker I can give this man.    His whatever is killing Arizonans.   He announced he would "allow" cities to pass mask or social distancing regulations.

Maricopa County, home to Phoenix, is the major hot spot.  I had a dr appointment last week, but no intention of going out again.  However, DH is still working and his company said "masks required" and so far he hasn't seen one at work.  Gotta love the 'tude here.

MerlinsDad

Jun-28

At least DDD (however one translates that) did not state that local officials could not put restrictions in place which superseded his.  If he is permitting Corvid_19 to increase so vigorously, how does he expect to be reelected?  With the numbers you all  are currently posting, one should think that there's a limit beyond which even he won't go because of the threat to the citizens.  You know that it's going to go up before it goes down; the real question is for how long?  Surely there are citizens emailing him telling him to quit acting like a JA and do something.  Does untranslatable DDD not feel threatened?

Georgia has the potential to turn into a blue state in November.  The guv is aware of that, and I think he's smart enough to understand that he can't let those numbers get too high before he acts or he will lose support.  Right now the only thing saving his political neck is that the death toll has declined until it's real low -- 2 and 3 a day.  I think we even had a day with zero.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-28

He doesn't face re-election til 2022 and is term limited.  I think he's angling for a DC job. He'd fit right in, he drove cold stone creamery into a bankruptcy.  Also, he's just obstinate and convinced he is always right.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-28

Oh, polls are showing Az is purple trending blue for Joe!  Joe is leading by 7 points per the polls yesterday.  Up from 3 early last week.  

We're running double digits on deaths.  DDD doesn't listen to the citizens or he'd lock us down tighter than a drum.

MerlinsDad

Jun-28

I think he's angling for a DC job

Time's running out on that possibility.  He'd best check with the state universities to see if any have an opening for a political science lecturer, or perhaps he has a law degree and can find a cozy position with one of the influential law firms.  When you said stone cold, I thought it was a description, then I realized it was a company.

MerlinsDad

Jun-28

Interesting.  The Republican Party very possibility could be digging itself a very deep hole with governors who are refusing to take action to protect the citizenry against Covid_19.  Refusing to protect the citizens may ideologically please the powers that be, but I tend to believe that there's a point at which the citizens are going to look at the number of hospitalizations or a climbing trend in deaths and say "Hold!  Enough!  In Georgia, I think that point would be reached if the death toll started trending upwards beyond 20 or 25 a day.  Looks like you all in still in single digits also  https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-disease-epidemiology/covid-19/dashboards/index.php

I can't imagine a governor who is not sensitive to the concerns of the citizens, but you say he's not eligible for reelection.  Are the mayors, other than in Scottsdale, acting to protect their citizens?

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-28

If you click on the death chart it shows us mostly in the double digits - hit between 20 and 30 several times this month.  Over 30 on the 16th.  Numbers are lower but it's because the latest surge here is under 40 yr olds.  We haven't been in the single digits since April.  https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuing_coverage/coronavirus_coverage/interactives/daily_changes/

I can't fathom why the governors aren't acting more aggressively to stop the spread.  I posted on FB that surely they realized they were killing their voters since many older people are Republicans.  Almost all the mayors put mask restrictions in place, but no one is enforcing any restrictions so far except Scottsdale that I've heard about.