Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can we beat COVID 19 like New Zealand did?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jun-10 by Showtalk; 708 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-20

Hasn’t that been the conflict all along? They are all speculating on what will happen with Covid but no one is certain. Fauci flip flopped so much on masks a lot of people don’t believe him anymore.  I think he is the cause of people avoiding masks.

MerlinsDad

Jun-20

showtalk says:  "I think he is the cause of people avoiding masks."

I don't.  There's an even more prominent figure who gets more publicity and who makes a point of not wearing a mask -- in fact, he even brags about it.  And will be the central figure today in a meeting with an estimated 20,000 people -- most of whom won't wear a mask.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-20

We can disagree.  I don’t think that other figure has that much sway on people’s safety decisions.  People look to medical experts for information and when it is not offered or it is conflicting, then they make their own decisions. 

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-20

Just read that Nebraska governor is withholding federal funding from any city or county that requires masks.

And then there is this from Governor Abbott of Texas.   "On May 1, Abbott was recorded on audio saying that reopening the state's businesses will "actually will lead to an increase in spread" of coronavirus, adding, "The goal never has been to get COVID-19 transmission down to zero."

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-20

I disagree.  Many DT followers believe his assessment that Covid would disappear like magic.  He sets the example for  a lot of people and his example is masks are not necessary.   Six of his rally team for Tulsa tested positive and he announced today that masks are optional.