Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

If Trump Asks You to Give Up the Right to Sue if you get the Virus,Should Suppo   The Serious You: Politics

Started Jun-12 by BWArtist; 1908 views.
BWArtist

Poll Question From BWArtist

Jun-12

If Trump Asks You to Give Up the Right to Sue if you get the Virus,Should Supporters Go to His Rally?
  • Yes9  votes
    52%
  • No8  votes
    47%
In reply toRe: msg 1
BWArtist

Jun-12

MerlinsDad

Jun-12

I voted other. 

BWArtist says "If Trump Asks You to Give Up the Right to Sue . . . . " 

I would never give up my right to sue that con artist.

BWArtist says:  . . . Give up the right to sue if you get the virus, should supports go to his rally?

That would be prescriptive.  If they want to expose themselves to the virus, that's their privilege.  What they overlook is the bubble he's in which makes it possible for him to go without a mask.  The real issue, however, is how many others might they expose to the virus after they have engaged in such reckless behavior.  I think it would be wise, instead of asking them not to sue, to tell them they would have to self quarantine for 14 days.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-12

NO!!  Because his release of liability also includes injuries.  It releases Trump, his corporation, his campaign, the rally organizer AND the facility.  So if a seating area collapsed because of poor construction or cheap material and one is hurt, you cannot sue anyone!

Even for proven negligence.  

On Covid...if one is dumb enough to attend a rally right now, no you shouldn't be allowed to sue if you catch Covid.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-12

I don’t see an Other option.

MerlinsDad

Jun-12

There were actually two questions.  One a no; one a yes.

The audacious duplicity of the man is appalling.

On one hand, he says the virus is now reduced to just "embers" and "ashes" https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-economy-politics-election-2020/index.html;

on the other side of his mouth, he's trying to cover himself from lawsuits just in case it's not when he addresses a crowd which is ignoring safe social distancing guidelines.

BWArtist

Jun-13

MerlinsDad says, "The real issue, however, is how many others might they expose to the virus after they have engaged in such reckless behavior.  I think it would be wise, instead of asking them not to sue, to tell them they would have to self quarantine for 14 days."

Perhaps a contract that requires the attendee to willingly participate in contact tracing of all  people they come in contact with. Including a mandatory quarantine like you say.

BWArtist

Jun-13

It just amazing how  many of the things most have considered  too ludicrous to even approach the public with are now just thrown out there on a daily basis.

No NO that's too crazy!

No, Trump has no shame to go there and see what he can get away with.  The makings of a mind of a criminal.

MerlinsDad

Jun-13

BWArtist says "The makings of a mind of a criminal."

Perhaps more accurately one could say ". . . the consequences of a mind of a criminal."

BWArtist

Jun-13

Yes a much more descriptive word.