Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do some cities need more police?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jun-22 by Showtalk; 311 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-28

What good is getting his job back if he is convicted of murder?  Felons can’t be police officers. That system is set up to protect officers from unfair firings and to make sure they get due process. It also seems to be used to protect them from crimes they commit.  I would want to see more information from an unbiased source.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-28

Why would they even consider hiring him back with his documented issues?  Convicted or not, he has no business being a cop.  The article points out that the pd has a record of retaining officers who should not be cops- anger issues, racism, and misogyny should all be a no go under any circumstances for hiring as a police officer.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-29

That is a question I can’t answer.  I don’t know why he would be reinstated. He  will never work as a cop again, unless he sits at a desk or something, assuming he doesn’t go to prison.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-29

If he's not convicted he will either get his old job back or as a cop in another dept - still carrying a gun and on patrol.  That's my guess!

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-29

He should not get a badge and a gun again.