Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you believe in superstitions    The Real You: Personality Poll

Started Jun-25 by Jeri (azpaints); 1115 views.

I do too. I tend to worry when there's still a couple of weeks before stuff is worked out.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-5

I worry a lot more than I should or need to.  But imagine a worrier. - and a control freak.

Or someone who is both a worrier AND a control freak. They'd really have problems.

Today was a very productive day. I actually woke up at 6 AM and because I knew that if I got sleepy later in the day I could just take a nap, I went out and started getting things done in and around my shop building. I've got to build some more shelving, and stuff to have a place to build things.

I also loaded multiple sacks of trash into the vehicle to dispose of in town when I finally do get into town again.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-6

It’s nice to get things done.  Are any recycling centers open?  I’m looking for one here.  I have things to donate.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-6

I'm both.  My daughter and son laughingly say I'm a type A personality on steroids.

Feels good to get stuff done!  And to get it done without a nap!  Kudos.

With many recycling resources out of reach thanks to all the virus restrictions and confusion or horribly inconvenient strings attached, I've just quietly hauled stuff into town, picked a couple of random alleys to drive down, and yeeted stuff into dumpsters to let one municipality or another figure it out.

At some point I finally just gave up on being able to "do the right thing" thanks to insurmountable obstacles if it's something that is out of my realm of expertise.

Problem is, this lack of accessible resources often leads to widespread illegal dumping of all sorts of things along rural roads. It's sad, but it is a symptom of a systemic breakdown.

There's still a LOT more to do. I need to find about a 12 to 15 foot length of chain to loop under a heavy drafting table so it can be slid along the ceiling joists on a piece of steel I hung up there this morning and clear space to set up another industrial shelf set. I might go look in "the usual suspect" places since I know I have some chain with a working load about 3x the weight of the table, somewhere out there, once I can look without sweating out 3 gallons per hour.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-6

I have some useable items and clothes I want to give away. I don’t want to just send them to a dumpster.

I'd hang them up and do a yard sale for all the clothing. Or if they are of an appropriate size range, you could donate them to a battered persons' shelter, as those fleeing domestic violence may have had to leave a lot of things behind to escape.