Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What’s your favorite part of the zoo?   The Trivia-Loving You: Quizzes

Started Jun-26 by Jeri (azpaints); 903 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-27

And how to reinforce it...They trained a male tiger to come to the fence, lay with his back to the fence, they pull his tail thru the bottom of the fence and that is how the get blood...from the tail while the tiger lays there eating snacks they poke tru the fence!

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-27

They leave the neck ropes on - he's been sedated by now - take off the tape and pull him backwards into the water and release the ropes. I wonder if they have dvds of the show? Or maybe watch on a laptop/computer at the library?  I need to find out.

MerlinsDad

Jun-27

I wonder if they can actually contain him with the two neck ropes each held by one person.  I guess they can as long as he is sedated.  Even though it sounds as if they have the technique down pat, it's very scary even to think about trying to hogtie a crocodile.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-27

I can't remember the show I watched once...maybe the Australian guy?  He caught one by himself.  Apparently they are susceptible to someone on their back if their tail is controlled?  Even going to see one in a zoo is not on my bucket list!  

MerlinsDad

Jun-27

thanks for the link.  sounds as if it would be very interesting.

MerlinsDad

Jun-27

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my favorite section of the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga is the alligator swamp, where they also have a snapping turtle.  Or maybe my favorite is the otter pool.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-27

That's a shame...it's a good informative show.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-27

I love the big cats!  Especially panthers.  And almost any aquarium occupant.  Love sharks.  Ummm, is there a pattern here?