Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

It’s Potato time. Pick your passion...   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Jun-26 by Jeri (azpaints); 1653 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-26

I don't know. It started when I had leftover mashed potatoes that I had intended to make potato pancakes with.  We were in a tight $$ situation and waste was avoided.  So I dumped them into the potato salad.  Everyone liked them, so that's what I do.  I have two other recipes I make different than usual.  

kizmet1

Jun-26

It is a great invention. I suppose I could season with my favorites? Really great for leftovers.
MerlinsDad

Jun-26

I don't use smiley faces, but I am smiling.

MerlinsDad

Jun-26

We also use a lot of olive oil, but I can't think of many ways were I would substitute olive oil for butter.   Have you quit eating baked potatoes or do you use olive oil as you would butter?

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-26

Absolutely- seasonings are personal choice.  I mix mine up a bit when I cook.  My family's biggest complaint is I seldom make the same thing twice cause I'll switch out seasonings.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-26

But subbing butter for olive oil is easy...

MerlinsDad

Jun-26

Yes.  One has to develop a habit of using olive oil.

MerlinsDad

Jun-26

I've been thinking about what I told you about the green beans and potatoes I like so well.  When you cook the beans, they produce a delicious broth which seasons the potatoes.  Salt and pepper is really all one needs.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-26

Lemon juice or a splash of vinegar.