Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Poor RNC can't win   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jun-30 by Jeri (azpaints); 2575 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

It’s impossible to speak clearly with a mask on. Did you hear Joe Biden?  I’m not going to say anything rude about him, but his speech was muffled and sometimes incoherent.  If Trump does that, they will mock him and say that proves he should not be president. He can’t win no matter what he does, so he will probably do whatever he wants to do. If he decides to wear a mask, he will. 

kizmet1

Jul-1

Really good point about masks. Sometimes things make more sense if we try to walk in the shoes of others and play "what if" before a snap judgement is made.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

I’ve tried very hard to talk about both sides without bias, but when I say anything that isn’t negative about the right it doesn’t go over well.  Politics is a land mine even during good times.  I don’t mean to offend anyone, but I do examine posts from my perspective.  What would I be thinking if I had made a post? How does my reply look to others? I can do a better job of maintaining neutrality. At the same time, I’ve noticed a pattern among posts about right side politicians. Almost all are negative and many call them names or add biased adjectives.  I would rather discuss all sides in the same way.  If I would not call one side names, then I would not do the same to the other side.  I actually find faults on both sides, but I try to balance one side by posting information about the other side. Apparently that is not acceptable.

• Edited July 1, 2020 3:38 pm  by  Showtalk
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-1

And that's a great reason for holding meetings virtually but has little to do with walking around an airport, thru a building, strolling to Marine 1.  Situations where speaking is not required but you are surrounded by other people also walking.  

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

I’m not sure I understand what you are getting at?

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-1

You said wearing a mask made talking difficult.  It does and that is why meetings should be socially distanced or virtual.  But when one is simply walking, where one might greet someone in passing (or not) the "difficult to talk" is not applicable and a mask should be worn.  I spent hours in the hospital and at dr appointments and was able to talk and understand the dr and nurses.  A speech setting adds the complications of a microphone and there is no question in my mind that makes understanding difficult.

So:  when giving a speech Social distance, no mask.  When walking around, wear a mask.  When in one on one meetings wear a mask.  

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

Oh, I see. Yes.

MerlinsDad

Jul-1

That's a good question.  I don't have the answer.

kizmet1

Jul-1

I appreciate being able to discuss all sides and try to be like a grown up. There are pleny of forums that take sides and attack certain political parties. They run promos all the time if anyone is interested.
kizmet1

Jul-1

Please check it out and report on it. I would but it is hard to on a 5"ceell phone.