Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you feed birds?   The Natural You: Wild Kingdom

Started Jun-30 by MerlinsDad; 3106 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-6

Yes, they can. Some car manufacturers use soy based casing on wiring, which smells like food to rats.

They gnawed up so much wiring under the hood of a 1986 Lincoln Town Car that it just had to be scrapped for parts. Admittedly it had nearly a quarter million miles on it, an had been driven for almost 20 years but the night the rats got to that wiring harness it just shorted out so much stuff and severed so many wires that splicing them would have taken months or years.

To keep another car running I managed to get hold of some stainless steel wire loom material that could be spiralled around wiring bundles. It was rather expensive and a lot of work to install it.

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-6

It’s very expensive even if you can do it yourself. It is even worse if you pay someone else to do it.

MerlinsDad

Aug-6

That's right!  You live out in the country where rats are more common.  You have a private four legged army protecting your domain.

They are a very efficient mercenary army, which mostly take sacks of dry cat food and occasional trips to the vet to patrol the grounds and quickly neutralize enemy sappers.

MerlinsDad

Aug-7

Any idea how many you feed on a daily basis?

I need to put some fresh batteries in the wildlife camera, and that ought to reveal enough pictures to see how many cats (and raccoons, skunks, etc) are being fed there.

MerlinsDad

Aug-8

That would be great.  I hope you will post them.

Still trying to figure out what's keeping the camera from booting up.