Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you feed birds?   The Natural You: Wild Kingdom

Started 6/30/20 by MerlinsDad; 8496 views.

I need to put some fresh batteries in the wildlife camera, and that ought to reveal enough pictures to see how many cats (and raccoons, skunks, etc) are being fed there.

MerlinsDad

8/8/20

That would be great.  I hope you will post them.

Still trying to figure out what's keeping the camera from booting up.

MerlinsDad

8/8/20

YOu certainly have the skills to determine why its being stubborn and persuade it to work.

Sometimes, the man-hours to troubleshoot and fix something exceed the cost of just buying a new one.

But I haven't reached that threshold with the wildlife cam yet.

MerlinsDad

8/8/20

I hope you soon have it functioning properly.  Since I live in a densely populated suburban area, I don't get to see the type of wildlife you do.  I would be delighted to see the photos.

Maybe I can catch some skunks and raccoons eating cat food, although I try to time the feedings where the cats eat it all before the wildlife shows up.

MerlinsDad

8/9/20

That would be interesting.  Haven't seen a skunk since I left the farm many, many years ago.  I've had a glimpse of one raccoon, even though I've seen their footprints down by the river.  I can't remember the last time I saw a 'possum. 

I've seen possums out here about 10 years ago or so. It's been a while but if not locally extinct thanks to habitat destruction / encroachment by massive suburban development in the past 5 to 7 years.