Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you feed birds?   The Natural You: Wild Kingdom

Started Jun-30 by MerlinsDad; 4154 views.
MerlinsDad

Aug-8

That would be great.  I hope you will post them.

Still trying to figure out what's keeping the camera from booting up.

MerlinsDad

Aug-8

YOu certainly have the skills to determine why its being stubborn and persuade it to work.

Sometimes, the man-hours to troubleshoot and fix something exceed the cost of just buying a new one.

But I haven't reached that threshold with the wildlife cam yet.

MerlinsDad

Aug-8

I hope you soon have it functioning properly.  Since I live in a densely populated suburban area, I don't get to see the type of wildlife you do.  I would be delighted to see the photos.

Maybe I can catch some skunks and raccoons eating cat food, although I try to time the feedings where the cats eat it all before the wildlife shows up.

MerlinsDad

Aug-9

That would be interesting.  Haven't seen a skunk since I left the farm many, many years ago.  I've had a glimpse of one raccoon, even though I've seen their footprints down by the river.  I can't remember the last time I saw a 'possum. 

I've seen possums out here about 10 years ago or so. It's been a while but if not locally extinct thanks to habitat destruction / encroachment by massive suburban development in the past 5 to 7 years.

MerlinsDad

Aug-11

There's enough wooded area in this subdivision that I would not be surprised to know that there are 'possums here.  I've never seen any, however.

Have you managed to fix the camera?

MerlinsDad said:

Have you managed to fix the camera?

Not yet. I've had much bigger fish to fry today. But I did find the thermal fuse blown in a couple of fan motors, made a positive identification, and got enough of them ordered to repair all of the failed units so far.

And have been searching for a replacement battery for a customers' equipment so it will operate properly. I think I found a direct source, although freight will probably mean a fairly big minimum number due to the weight.