Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Spaghetti   The Ravenous You: Food, Glorious Food

Started Jul-3 by Showtalk; 293 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jul-3

Spaghetti
  • Meatballs and red sauce (gravy if you call it that)3  votes
    16%
  • Tomato meat sauce5  votes
    27%
  • Pesto0  votes
    0%
  • Clam sauce0  votes
    0%
  • Marinara0  votes
    0%
  • Bolognese (More elaborate tomato meat sauce)0  votes
    0%
  • Alfredo1  vote
    5%
  • Olive oil and garlic with parmesan0  votes
    0%
  • Olive oil and garlic0  votes
    0%
  • Amatriciana (tomato and bacon)0  votes
    0%
  • Parmesan and butter0  votes
    0%
  • Fruition de mare (fish)0  votes
    0%
  • Romana (meat and chicken with cream sauce)0  votes
    0%
  • Mushrooms and peas0  votes
    0%
  • Many5  votes
    27%
  • None (plain)0  votes
    0%
  • I don't eat spaghetti0  votes
    0%
  • Other4  votes
    22%
Meatballs and red sauce (gravy if you call it that) 
Tomato meat sauce 
Pesto 
Clam sauce 
Marinara 
Bolognese (More elaborate tomato meat sauce) 
Alfredo 
Olive oil and garlic with parmesan 
Olive oil and garlic 
Amatriciana (tomato and bacon) 
Parmesan and butter 
Fruition de mare (fish) 
Romana (meat and chicken with cream sauce) 
Mushrooms and peas 
Many 
None (plain) 
I don't eat spaghetti 
Other 
kizmet1

Jul-3

I don't seem to crave it or want it since I started sticking to low carb diet.
My favorite was Chef Boy Ar Di spaghetti with extra meatballs
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

I forgot canned spaghetti.

kizmet1

Jul-3

I can't. Grew up on church dinners that were horrible. Discovered canned andfell in love with it.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

It’s kind of sad how bad church dinners can ruin food, isn’t it?  I went o a potluck once where the main dish was homemade lasagna.  It was loaded with sugar.  I waited until the cook wasn’t looking before throwing it out.  Just because someone is given an opportunity to prepare food, doesn’t mean they should take it.

MerlinsDad

Jul-3

Like most cooks, we created our own meat sauce.

When I lived in Salem, Oregon, I frequented a restaurant in Renton, Washington when I visited on business, which served a wonderful carbonara.  I've not been able to duplicate it and have never eaten one in a restaurant which even approximated it.  I don't know what made it so good.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

It’s made with eggs and uncurled bacon, and a hard kind of cheese.  Maybe the different ingredients give it a different taste, depending on which cheese or what kind of meat is used.

kizmet1

Jul-4

Our local church dinner started due to needing funds to build a new church. Many members were great Italian cooks. It was very good. As time went on it was decided to ask each Italian for a quart of sauce. Some gave a qt of their family recipe. Others were cheapskates and gave something watered down. Everything was mixed together. It was horrible. We quit going or buying it.
The best church dinners here are Greek, Syrian, and Lebanese.They used to be one church and the priest who started the tradition was the uncle of George. Stephanopolus. The Greek Festival is the best party in.town. Church was built so now money goes to send non members kids to Greek summer camp.
MerlinsDad

Jul-4

My wife has pages and pages of carbonara recipes.  We've not found one which approximates that wonderful dish I had at the restaurant in Renton, but we'll keep trying.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-4

I have eaten my way through a Greek festival too.  I’ve had Lebanese food at my friend’s parties. She is a good cook. I have tried to make both types of food with mixed results.  

Mixing good sauce with bad is almost a criminal offense.  That ruins it for everyone.