Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What does it mean to be a patriot?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Jul-4 by MerlinsDad; 74 views.
MerlinsDad

Jul-4

I don't really see this as a political question, but this seemed the best folder.   It's not a survey; it's an open-ended question.  Today is July 4, the day we celebrate the nation's independence from England.  With so much going on, what are your thoughts about being a patriot?  What does it mean?   Can it mean something different to different people?

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-4

I'd say it obviously means different things to different people.  We have scholars who believe the Constitution is the heart and soul of America.  Military personnel may believe saving our people, land and defending our goals is the heart of patriotism.  Some will have a more religious view.  Everyday folks probably focus on the rights that mean the most to them...speech, guns, voting.

MerlinsDad

Jul-4

Thank you for your thoughts

BWArtist

Jul-4

I think in the year 2020, patriotism will be measured by the willingness to make sure you vote. And if there are people that want to minimize that opportunity to certain blocks of citizens, call them out. Too many people have payed the ultimate price for your  right that you hold. If a citizen has been discouraged or indifferent in years past, this coming election has no room for such emotions.  Our very freedom is now up for grabs. The only way to bring sanity back to our country is to overwhelm those that wish to manipulate our freedom away.

Do the patriotic thing and VOTE! 

MerlinsDad

Jul-4

Thank you.  I agree.  We appreciate your thoughts,