Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should dog shows and horse shows be held?   The Natural You: Wild Kingdom

Started Jul-6 by Showtalk; 131 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jul-6

Should dog shows and horse shows be held?
  • Yes, if they can be held safely5  votes
    45%
  • Yes, but they should limit participants and audiences0  votes
    0%
  • 1 and 24  votes
    36%
  • Only horse racing0  votes
    0%
  • No2  votes
    18%
  • I'm not sure0  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, if they can be held safely 
Yes, but they should limit participants and audiences 
1 and 2 
Only horse racing 
No 
I'm not sure 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-6

I tried to post a link but it didn’t work because it’s a PDF. This is not copyrighted 

Suggested Best Practices for the Well-Being of Dog Sport Participants.
USCA supports each club’s informed decision to reschedule, postpone or cancel their events, as well as supporting clubs ready to hold events in locations that are open and permit gatherings. As events resume across the country, people need to feel safe while enjoying their dog activities. USCA urges clubs to take precautions for the benefit of their participants. Events need to be held in a manner that emphasizes the safety of participants and event staff over efficiency. Comply with federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations and orders required in the jurisdiction of the venue
The following is a list of suggested best practices that may be helpful when planning or attending an event. Event locations, facilities and dates will differ. With a situation that is continually evolving, it is up to the clubs to determine the guidelines that best fit their event. In order to inform participants, specific guidelines established by the club should be published on the club website and posted on signage/flyers at their event.
General Practices
1. Clubs, officials, participants, and spectators are required to follow and comply with federal, state, local and facility guidelines that apply to the area and site where the event is held.
2. Practice social distancing consistent with current guidelines. Be considerate of how your movements around the venue could impact other people who are trying to maintain social distancing.
3. It is strongly recommended that everyone at the event practice social distancing and wear a mask or another face covering suitable for their circumstances even if not required by federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations and orders in the jurisdiction of the venue in which the event will take place
Bring your own masks or other face coverings, hand sanitizer, gloves and tissues. Hosting clubs might not provide these items. Or, they might not be available in sufficient quantities to supply everyone that wants or needs them.
4. Consider wearing disposable or washable gloves.
5. Have plenty of hand sanitizers placed for people to use.
6. Wash hands as frequently as possible. Have disinfecting spray at bathroom facilities for people to spray door handles (or anything else they touch).
7. If you utilize portable toilets, please ask for a hand washing station to be delivered as well. 8. Avoid shaking hands or hugging.
9. Avoid touching dogs that are not your responsibility.
10. Avoid common use pens/pencils – bring your own.
11. Disinfect surfaces in common use areas as often as possible (tables, chairs, doorknobs, etc.) Clubs and facilities may consider not providing chairs.
12. Meals – No potlucks. Hospitality areas should avoid community items such as salt and pepper shakers, condiments, creamers, etc. It is recommended that club supply boxed lunches for judges and volunteers and a separate cooler for each judge. Participants should consider bringing their own lunch/drinks.
13. Parking areas – park with sufficient distance between vehicles if possible.

Event Practices
1. Scheduling – Consider scheduling participants in blocks in order to reduce crowds.
• Use SignUp Genius (free app) to schedule or the event secretary assigns dogs to a time block. • Set times for day-of-event entries – assign day-of-event participants a time and number.
2. It is strongly recommended that participants practice social distancing and wear a mask or another face covering suitable for their circumstances even if not required by federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations, and orders in the jurisdiction of the venue in which the event will take place or the rules of the USCA or the SV/WUSV. Please bring your own masks as they may not be provided to participants and attendees by the hosting club(s).
3. Participants waiting to trial should practice social distancing. (Option: text or call when it is time for participant to come to the field).
4. Safe handling of paperwork and payment for day-of-event entries.
• Go cashless as much as possible – encourage use of PayPal, Google Pay, EWallet, etc. • Cash for day-of-event entries – inform participants they should have correct change. • Individual handling paperwork, scorebooks, and entry fees should wear gloves.
5. Consider having someone wearing gloves handling out trophies and certificates.
6. Trial Secretary Area – Recommend that it is set up with a minimum of six feet between the Trial Secretary area and exhibitors. Judges Table – Judges should have a separate worktable that is not accessible to exhibitors.
7. During the trial, those in assisting with field duties should practice social distancing.
8. Equipment should be set up by a person wearing a mask and gloves. Equipment should not be touched by handlers, however, if a person touches the equipment, it should be sanitized.
9. Identity checks will be performed but may be modified for COVID safety requirements and guidelines. 10. In all phases the handler will report in and out no closer than 6 feet from the judge.
Comply with all federal, state, local government, facility and event guidelines. Clubs should be prepared to enforce the guidelines that apply to their event.
CDC - How to Protect Yourself and Others:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/pets.html
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/stop-the-spread-of-germs.pdf
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/images/social-media-toolkit/COVID-19_FaceCovering- 1080x1080_4.jpg
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/316129-B-StayHomeFromWork_Poster.pdf

Tracking:
1. IGP 2 and Higher - The tracklayer should be the only person to handle the tracking flags and articles for each track, each day.
2. Day of the Trial: Ask trial participants to wait by their vehic
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited July 6, 2020 2:54 pm  by  Showtalk
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-6

We watched horse racing (no viewers in the stands) and a dog competition over the weekend.  It was obvious the race was live, we saw masks on track workers, barn helpers, etc.  I admit I didn't pay any attention for the dog show...I was too interested in the competition to check out those standing on the sidelines.  

One of the recent concerns is touching your face to put your mask on and not sanitizing your hands before you open a door, gate, sit in a chair.  I can't decide if the dog shows are safe but it did appear the race tracks were taking stronger steps for prevention.

MerlinsDad

Jul-6

I voted no, and I would include cat shows.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-6

I got that instruction list from a Schutzhund club.  They are allowing trials to title dogs but not what we think of as dog beauty pageants.  Only participants allowed.  My dogs show I planned to go to are all canceled, as are all the rest in every area I looked at.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-6

I voted for for 1 and 2 because I didn’t think we would get many votes in this poll. The reason i did is that dogs have a limited time when they can compete for titles and some people are required by their purchase contracts to title their dogs.

MerlinsDad

Jul-6

The reason i did is that dogs have a limited time when they can compete for titles and some people are required by their purchase contracts to title their dogs.

Making dog shows an essential business.  I hope they can follow social distancing and masking guidelines.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-6

The Schutzhund, IPO, IGE shows (all the same thing, protection sports) should be essential but some states or cities are closing them down anyway, because they don’t care.  Titled dogs are usually intact, which a lot of people don’t care for.  It’s because many of them are also breeding stock.