Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What’s for dinner? Recipe sharing   The Ravenous You: Food, Glorious Food

Started Jul-10 by Showtalk; 404 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-10

I thought you and I could get this off the ground. I’m roasting chicken breasts if they thaw out in time.  I also have zucchini which I might roast in the same pan.  You can repost your crockpot beef recipe so it’s all in one spot.

• Edited July 10, 2020 5:14 pm  by  Showtalk
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-10

This was super good!    Italian Pot Roast (crockpot) 

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/italian-pot-roast/

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-10

Tonight it's take out from Mod Pizza.

on your chicken...try either Italian seasoning or Rosemary.  Red potatoes quartered with seasoning can go in the pan too.  You can cook them frozen...use a lower temp and add 10 minutes or so.  I always roast mine at 350 frozen.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-10

Try this one some day...it's quick, good and pretty, lol.  I just use 4 breasts, but if you prefer dark just adjust the meat to fit your taste and appetite.

"Chicken breasts and drumsticks baked with artichoke hearts and black olives in white wine and chicken broth; a light seasoning of tarragon, salt and pepper provides a perfect finish to this savory Mediterranean-inspired dish."

Ingredients

•     4 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin - I use boneless
  •     6 chicken drumsticks. - I bet thighs would work
  •     2 (6.5 ounce) jars marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
  •     1 (15 ounce) can black olives, drained. - I tried sliced, but preferred whole
  •     1/2 cup dry white wine - I used one bottle of the Sutter four pack which is 3/4 cup.  So swig the rest or use it all 
  •     1/2 cup chicken broth
  •     1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
  •     salt and pepper to taste

Directions

•     Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  •     Place chicken breasts and drumsticks in a 9x13 inch baking dish, bone side down. Spread artichokes and olives around chicken, then mix wine and broth together in a small bowl and pour mixture all over chicken. Sprinkle with tarragon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
  •     Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked through (juices run clear) and browned.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-10

That is so good. I’ve made something similar before.  

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-10

I love recipes that don't require measuring 20 ingredients!

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-10

I do too.  I didn’t find the chicken in time, it was lost in the freezer, so I grilled salmon.  I roasted sliced potatoes in olive oil and zucchini strips.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-11

I gave up when our refrigerator/freezer broke last month and we cleaned all three freezers out.  It's so nice!

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-11

I would do that periodically but I stocked up when fresh food got scarce and it’s harder to clean and organize a full freezer.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-11

It is.  I got in the refrigerator yesterday and realized it was clean but totally disorganized...sigh.  It was nice while It lasted.  40 yrs of putting condiments on the door and both DH and Ds stuff them on the shelves way in the back!  So two opened butters, 3 Frenches mustard and three Parmesan cheeses later.....