Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should Trump have commuted Stone's sentence?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-11 by MerlinsDad; 350 views.
MerlinsDad

Poll Question From MerlinsDad

Jul-11

Should Trump have commuted Stone's sentence?
  • Yes10  votes
    71%
  • No4  votes
    28%
  • Maybe0  votes
    0%
  • I don't know anything about it0  votes
    0%
  • other0  votes
    0%
Yes 
No 
Maybe 
I don't know anything about it 
other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
MerlinsDad

Jul-11

From Fox News (July 10, 2020)

The White House announced Friday that President Trump signed an Executive Grant of Clemency commuting the "unjust sentence" of Roger Stone, just days before the longtime political operative was slated to report to prison to serve more than three years for charges stemming from former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

In a lengthy statement released late Friday, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said the president had made the decision to commute Stone's sentence "in light of the egregious facts and circumstances surrounding his unfair prosecution, arrest, and trial."  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/president-trump-expected-commute-roger-stone-sentence

From CNN (July 10, 2020)

President Donald Trump on Friday commuted the prison sentence of his longtime friend Roger Stone, who was convicted of crimes that included lying to Congress in part, prosecutors said, to protect the President. The announcement came just days before Stone was set to report to a federal prison in Georgia.

Stone was convicted in November of seven charges -- including lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstructing a congressional committee proceeding -- as part of former special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation. Among the things he misled Congress about were his communications with Trump campaign officials -- communications that prosecutors said Stone hid out of his desire to protect Trump.  Trump's decision to pardon his friend and political adviser is the crescendo of a months-long effort to rewrite the history of the Mueller investigation.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/politics/trump-stone-prison-clemency/index.html
me (DENNIS4927)

Jul-12

The way I see it if Obama commuted Chelsea Manning who was a traitor and court marshaled for Espionage then why not commute Stones sentence which is far less of a crime
MerlinsDad

Jul-12

Thank you for your opinion

kizmet1

Jul-16

Previous POTUS have done worse.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-16

He was not pardoned, he was sent home so he doesn’t die in prison.  He is a very sick, old man.

kizmet1

Jul-16

That is right. If pardoned, it would not have been as bad as what other POTUS did. I do feel he was not as bad as some felt.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-16

Here is the list of pardons and commutations. Trump isn’t included because presidents are not added until they leave office.

kizmet1

Jul-16

Very interesting! Both the Bushes are near the the bottom of the list. I wonder if those in office during and after WW2 gave pardons due to something to do with war?
Wow! Look at Obama's commutstions compared to others
  • Edited July 16, 2020 8:48 pm  by  kizmet1
MerlinsDad

Jul-16

Who would you suggest besides Buchanan and Andrew Johnson and maybe Harding?