Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Posts   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-14 by kizmet1; 323 views.
kizmet1

Jul-14

Hello to all. I came bacj because I had 8 messages waiting for me to be read.
I don't know if I will have much time in tbe future. I like to stop by very old friends fir a short time first.
I am in the beginning of findibg out why my water bill went from 2 - 6. per month tto 60in one month. one outdoor faucet would not go on after I turned on indoor master. No indoor leaks. House started in 1992. Perplexed. May be getting front yard landscaped by repair people. Very big $$$.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-15

We miss you!  It is probably a leak in the pipes leading to sprinklers. It’s very easy to test for it and not too expensive. Then they can bypass the leak and change out the pipes.  Even worse, find out where it happened because a water leak can damage your foundation if it’s under the house.

kizmet1

Jul-15

No sprinklers. One indoor master for outdoor faucet was off for winter. I turned it on and nothing came out of outside faucet. Time coincides with when my use went up. Must be getting water under outside of faucet cement sidewalk. Waiting for 1st plumber now. If in ground to meter, could run several thou$and.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-15

Yes it could be expensive. Let me know what you find out.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

Good luck, hope its a cheap quick fix.  

kizmet1

Jul-15

Still waiting. I feel it is connected to outdoor faucet not working. I turned on it's indoor master about the same time my usage went sky high. Only other option is that someone snuck over and turned the rear outdoor faucet on. I let the blackberries grow up so one neighbor would not have an easy path to my back yard like he used to. New neighbors? Don't know them, yet.
kizmet1

Jul-15

Thank you. So far, the water is $250 for one month.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

Gotta be a leak.  Hope they. check the main water line that serves your entire neighborhood.  We had a main pipe in Scottsdale get a leak and they had to tear up the street!  If you only use under $50 a month it's unlikely one neighbor could steal $200 in one month as an example.

kizmet1

Jul-15

No one would"steal" it.They would just turn it on. One neighbor is a very early riser. Walked his dog here early in morning. One day I heard him tripping over my ladder in my back yard. He is not a nice man. I think money went to his head.
  • Edited July 15, 2020 5:06 pm  by  kizmet1
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

My DH can tell when our outside water is running.  Ask plumber about a lock for your outdoor faucet.  We had one on ours during one bad neighbor time who used our water to water his horses.