Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Posts   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-14 by kizmet1; 1142 views.

That is even easier to use because it's self-contained with heater, pump, intake and discharge to keep the water from getting cold during a long soak. Just hang it over the side, set the thermostat, and plug it in.

kizmet1

Jul-17

Hmmm. Just what my directions say.

While I don't own one, I've seen them in the past. Don't know where one could buy one today but I might look for one at an estate sale.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-18

I thought you said the door itself is broken. If not, then a new opener should solve it, unless the one you have can be fixed.

kizmet1

Jul-19

Not sure what is broken. Door opens manually. Motor spins but does not move the door. The opener is not that old nor has it had much use. Craftsman was a good brand when I got the first opener.
kizmet1 said:

Not sure what is broken. Door opens manually. Motor spins but does not move the door. The opener is not that old nor has it had much use.

Sounds like the clutch is not engaging, or there is a broken gear that turns the rest of the mechanism that finally moves the chain that opens the door.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-19

See if someone can come out and fix it. Is it possible it was disconnected? There is usually a pull down string or something attached to the mechanism you can use to disengage it if the power goes out.

• Edited July 19, 2020 3:30 pm  by  Showtalk
kizmet1

Jul-19

I use the pull down to open it.
I do not know who to call. I do not feel I want to put more money into a new opener when this one has had so little use. 2 in 25 years? I know people still on their first one.
It wouldn't make a spinning noise if disconnected. The spin is the motor trying to work.
  • Edited July 19, 2020 6:46 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-19

Call and find out how much it costs for an evaluation and potential fix.  The evaluation should be free.  It’s possible they can fix it. If it’s new, it should be covered under warranty.

kizmet1

Jul-19

It is about 7 years old. Do you suggest looking for a Sears expert or someone working close by?