Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Doesn’t it disturb you that the man of 20,000 lies criticizes Dr Fauci for not k   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Jul-20 by MerlinsDad; 1148 views.
MerlinsDad

Poll Question From MerlinsDad

Jul-20

Doesn't it disturb you that the man of 20,000 lies criticizes Dr Fauci for not knowing about the virus from the start?
  • Yes5  votes
    35%
  • No7  votes
    50%
  • Maybe0  votes
    0%
  • How can someone tell 20,000 lies in 1277 days?2  votes
    14%
  • Glad someone is telling the truth about the pandemic0  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes 
No 
Maybe 
How can someone tell 20,000 lies in 1277 days? 
Glad someone is telling the truth about the pandemic 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
MerlinsDad

Jul-20

Attacks on Dr. Fauci

The Trump administration continues to go on the offensive against Anthony Fauci MD, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Last week, a White House official stated that “several White House officials are concerned about the number of times Anthony Fauci has been wrong on things,” and provided a list of statements Fauci has made.

On July 14th, White House trade adviser Peter Navarro wrote a rebuttal in USA Today stating that Fauci “has been wrong about everything I have interacted with him on.” USA Today wrote that “several of Navarro’s criticisms of Fauci...were misleading or lacked context.” The added that Navarro’s op-ed “did not meet USA Today fact-checking standards.”

The White House claimed that Navarro went rogue, and the op-ed was not approved beforehand. It seems odd that a president who appears to want strict control of his staff would keep Navarro in his role after such an egregious violation of trust. Others have been fired by Trump for less.

On July 19th, Trump said about Fauci during an interview with Fox News’ Chris Wallace, “I don’t know that he’s a leaker. He’s a little bit of an alarmist. That’s okay. A little bit of an alarmist. 
https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephaniesarkis/2020/07/19/trump-continues-unjustified-attacks-on-fauci/#7675206aaa6f

Man of 20,000 lies

It took President Trump 827 days to top 10,000 false and misleading claims in The Fact Checker’s database, an average of 12 claims a day.

But on July 9, just 440 days later, the president crossed the 20,000 mark — an average of 23 claims a day over a 14-month period, which included the events leading up to Trump’s impeachment trial, the worldwide pandemic that crashed the economy and the eruption of protests over the death of George Floyd in police custody.

The coronavirus pandemic has spawned a whole new genre of Trump’s falsehoods. The category in just a few months has reached nearly 1,000 claims. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/13/president-trump-has-made-more-than-20000-false-or-misleading-claims/

me (DENNIS4927)

Jul-20

You go to 5 different doctors and ask the same question and you get 5 different answers
In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-20

Fauci has been in his job for 37 years. He has worked through a lot of health crises.  Yet he didn’t spend any time asking for or planning for testing in February.  He said No masks, then he said mandatory masks. He disappeared for a few months where we barely saw him.  He has made many mistakes and always manages to avoid consequences.  He is the face of this disease.  He will take credit if we beat it.  He said “New York did it correctly.” 

In reply toRe: msg 5
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-20

According to a recent poll, two-thirds of voters trust Dr. Anthony Fauci, not President Trump, when it comes to information on the coronavirus.

Well, if you think you can trust Dr. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, you now have every reason to question his judgment. In an interview with PBS NewsHour, Dr. Fauci, the trusted expert, actually lauded New York’s response to the coronavirus.

“We know that, when you do it properly, you bring down those cases. We have done it. We have done it in New York,” he told PBS’s Judy Woodruff. “New York got hit worse than any place in the world. And they did it correctly.”

I used to have faith in Dr. Fauci’s judgement, but that faith has waned over the past few months, and is now completely gone. How exactly does anyone look at what happened in New York and say that’s a model example for fighting the coronavirus

1. New York’s lockdown came late.

2. Cuomo was clueless about NY’s needs

3. Cuomo sent thousand of nursing home patients to their deaths

4. Cuomo waited months to clean the subways.

• Edited July 20, 2020 8:17 pm  by  Showtalk
kizmet1

Jul-30

Absolutely no one learned about this horrible Coronavirus in school. It is a trial and error time for all.
One day places like China and Scandinavia are doing it right and starting to heal. Next we hear how the virus is growing in those places.
The worst ways the virus has been spread, IMO, came from those who spent their Spring break partying on beaches. Cannot blame that on Trump.
Trump and Fauci are grown men. I think they understand each other better than we know.
kizmet1 said:

The worst ways the virus has been spread, IMO, came from those who spent their Spring break partying on beaches

From a pure epidemiological standpoint, it probably spread very badly during Spring Break but probably more on the dance floors, in the bars, and in the hotel rooms, taxicabs and airline flights to and from the Spring Break venues rather than in the open air on the beaches.

I miss the good old days when the only diseases that were contracted during Spring Break were STDs (including pregnancy and child support orders), acute alcohol intoxication, and overdoses of assorted Schedule 1 controlled substances, plus the assorted injuries from traffic accidents, alcohol and testosterone fueled melees, and "here, hold my beer and watch this!"

But then I never went anywhere for spring break. I took advantage of the week to work my butt off and build a future for myself.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-30

They will be able to study this a few years down the line and know much more. It is very hard to evaluate it now and draw true conclusions.  It’s so easy for the media and journalists to use it for political claptrap. We should take most of that with a grain of salt for now and use common sense.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-30

We never were allowed to run around unsupervised in strange cities or beaches during spring break. Our parents were not stupid or careless.  I kept my children busy doing important things for other people.