Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Progress   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started Jul-21 by kizmet1; 267 views.
kizmet1

Jul-21

Figured out that the heat has almost dried all the potting soil in my cart's way. The bags are much lighter than last time I tried to move them. Got all moved out of my cart's path to the door. No rush to fix garage door. When they really dry out I will stash them in the garage. Got a big workout. Left side feels broken but Capsazin is helping.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-21

Nice. I never understood why bagged soil is wet inside.

kizmet1

Jul-21

That is a brilliant thought!!!
I am not moving much today but at least the worst part is over with and my path to the door is cleared.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-21

A clear path is very nice.

kizmet1

Jul-21

Yes, it is a big relief to have it. Maybe my back will stop hurting along with my neck?

Over the past 2 or 3 days I cleared out a large "notch" out of the evergreen trees so I can actually use the whole driveway again. It required picking up a small mountain of pine needles, and in the process excavating all sorts of artifacts, some of which have been buried for over a decade. I found 2 or 3 jugs of antifreeze, a bunch of old aerosol cans, and I found circuit boards, connectors, and a couple of tools that have been missing since about 2015.

So now I'm trying to get hitting on all cylinders so I can make a trash run into town, and stop at either O'Reilly or AutoZone and pick up some fuel hose to replace a leaky vacuum line, then get the smaller SUV back together.

There is still a mountain of pine needles in front of the van, which need to be moved into a compost pile although most of it should be reused for garden mulch and hold moisture in the soil.

The large steel desk someone abandoned in the shop building 7 years ago is finally out of the way, although not dismantled for compactness yet, and that has opened up a huge "cell" of accessible space, so a set of shelving can be assembled sometime later this week.

kizmet1

Jul-27

WOW! I wish you could be cloned. You are rushing around like Superman.
How big of pile do you have of needles?
kizmet1 said:

How big of pile do you have of needles?

about 3 feet high and maybe 10 long and 4 wide. But it's loose and not compacted.

I'm working on the SUV this afternoon.

kizmet1

Jul-27

You could fill a beanbag with it?

Only if someone didn't mind getting stuck with all the pine needle points sticking through the fabric the first time one actually sat in the thing.

Those dry pine needles are, well, like needles that find their way between the weave of almost any normal fabric, and might give fairly thick leather a good run for its money as far as eventual penetration of the material.

If they were all finely pulverized then they might turn out fairly well but then there would be almost no air space so it wouldn't be soft.

A lot of what I excavated had visible white rhyzome activity, so it should compost quite nicely if it can be kept sufficiently moist for the fungal activity to keep going.