Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Will the shutdown destroy public schools?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 7/27/20 by Showtalk; 1822 views.
Cortland (KA5S)

Dec-31

Many  have been underfunded long enough staying open will require more government funds.

Showtalk
Host

Dec-31

I’m hearing from more people are going to homeschool permanently rather than wait for schools to open.

kizmet1

Dec-31

Home schooling may end up being via home to teachers. In the beginning, kids here without internet at home were sitting in cars outside schools and libraries to use the wifi and get schooled.
Cortland (KA5S)

Dec-31

There are all too many families with parents who are barely literate, and others whose educations ignored too much of what we used to call American History and Civics.

We desperately need new generations who will be informed students, teachers, workers, and voters, and we will need competent teachers now to ensure all of today's students get a better education than neglected communities can provide.

Showtalk
Host

Dec-31

i don’t know how they will do it but everyone should have decent Internet.

Showtalk
Host

Dec-31

History and Civics has changed.  They aren’t learning what you or I learned in school.  They need quality teachers. Some are excellent, some are not. A majority lie in between.

kizmet1

Dec-31

It is getting cheaper now. Specials of $10 a month for certain incomes.
kizmet1

Dec-31

Schools place more emphasis on sports than anything else. That leads to kids wanting team or sports products and their idols' "look". I admire the people who end up on Jeopardy but I doubt most of what they know was learned in school.
Showtalk
Host

Dec-31

That should be affordable for most.

Showtalk
Host

Dec-31

They have photographic memories.