Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rioting In Portland,Again   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-5 by kizmet1; 5303 views.
kizmet1

Aug-5

The rioters in Portland OR forced Federal cops to stay inside of Federal property when guarding the buildings.

Monday, the rioters moved to the east side, marched without permit, and rioted outside a precinct of the City of Portland.

Last night (Tuesday) they returned to the Portland Police union hall in the Northern part of the city and rioted there.
Seems like they want to riot, no matter where or when. I do not live in Portland but I fear they will come to my area.

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-5

I could not find anything about it online.  All the stories are over 24 hours old or more,

kizmet1

Aug-5

Odd. Just finished watching it in the news locally KATU, KGW, KOIN and KPTV.
In reply toRe: msg 3
kizmet1

Aug-5

KGW, KOIN have it. Just posted a little while ago. Try "North" Portland, Portland Police Headquarters.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-5

Posted yesterday, updated today.

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-5

They are called Demonstrators rather the Protestors or Rioters.

kizmet1

Aug-5

Only in the news.
I feel that when damage is done and law is broken, they are rioters.
Several generations ago women banded together to protest not being able to vote. They walked together and did not do damage or cause fear (except to men, lol). They were not rioters
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-5

They were Suffragettes.

kizmet1

Aug-5

Yes. Way back in 1913.
MerlinsDad

Aug-5

OBP's headline

"Gunshots in the air, dialogue mark 68th night of Portland protests"

Here's what they report about the riot.

At 1 a.m., protesters broke into the police association building. People set a PPA sign on fire in the street and they emptied the fridge of Gatorade.

“It’s so cold, it’s got chunks of ice,” rejoiced one protester, barely illuminated by the PPA sign embers.

Soon after, police declared a riot and over the course of the next 30 minutes, they rushed the crowd a number of times, pushed journalists and used mace on multiple protesters. During the dispersal, an activist who videos police was injured and taken to the hospital in an ambulance.

While medics were treating the activist, a line of police stood a few feet away, face-to-face with a crowd of about 30 protesters, legal observers and media.

A medic, who gave the name Phoenix, confronted an officer she said had maced her and beaten her. She and a friend criticized the police for dispersing the entire crowd when only a few people had broken into PPA.

“You are taking the actions of one person and you are punishing a movement,” Phoenix said. “One person did a fire and you think it’s OK to attack everybody here

“You’re all practicing group punishment,” the officer replied. “Because a few cops have done wrong things and you think we all need to suffer and be out here 69 days straight.”

“Nobody in this group has done anything wrong and you guys continue to baton us, to mace us, to gas us, to push us,” Phoenix replied.

“This is what we lack,” the officer said, moments before he was summoned back to a van to leave the area. “We lack these conversations.”

Police said they arrested three people on charges ranging from interfering with a police officer, to riot, to attempted assault on a public safety officer.
https://www.opb.org/article/2020/08/05/portland-oregon-protests-police/