Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rioting In Portland,Again   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-5 by kizmet1; 20802 views.
kizmet1

Aug-6

That is old news. Tonight has been officially declared a "riot" in an area of SE Stark and 107th close to an area known as the north side of Mall 205.
MerlinsDad

Aug-6

From the Oregonian Oregon LIve
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/08/portland-protests-continue-on-day-70-downtown-throughout-city-live-updates.html

About 9:55 p.m., police declared the gathering a riot. Police warned that if people did not leave, they would be subject to arrest or dispersal by impact munitions or tear gas.

Police arrived 10 minutes later and forced the crowd to move. Officers in riot gear set off stun grenades as they pressed people north past the fire and precinct. They also used CS gas, which is a type of tear gas, citing “life safety issues created by members in the group.”

The city was sued in June and July over local officers’ use of tear gas and a federal court order issued in early June temporarily bars Portland police from using the gas unless officers believe someone’s life or safety is in danger.

Wednesday marked the first time police have used tear gas to disperse Portland protesters since federal authorities relinquished control of downtown federal courthouse security to the state police last week.

Police detained at least four people during the dispersal.

With that amount of vandalism, I'm surprised only 4 people were arrested.

kizmet1

Aug-6

It was very ugly. I will tell you this: The people associated with BLM are very devious and dangerous people. They keep causing trouble and creating violence wherever they go. So far, they have broken the laws in at least 9 different zip codes. They are better organized than any of the people camped out by ICE several years ago. My area may be next. I may be broken into and attacked. We have had mayors who were minorities but I do not think they care.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-6

There are over 30,000 BLM members in or near Portland.

kizmet1

Aug-6

OMG!!!!
Where do those numbers come from? They must be newcomers.
MerlinsDad

Aug-6

I hope you stay safe

kizmet1

Aug-6

Thank you. So do I but I cannot spend tge rest of my life in my house. I just hope that cops and politicians get to do their jobs to help all.
MerlinsDad

Aug-6

I thought you lived quite some distance from downtown Portland.

kizmet1

Aug-7

No. Just not in Portland, which has a lot of urban sprawl. I did half my shopping in Portland until the virus showed up and I decided to avoid city busses.
MerlinsDad

Aug-7

So you don't think you're far enough out to be safe from demonstrators?