Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rioting In Portland,Again   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-5 by kizmet1; 11987 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-31

It’s finally happened. The mob attacked Wheeler And there isn’t a peep about in the news.  I heard from someone else and started searching. Nothing.  Was it in your local news?

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-31

kizmet1

Sep-1

Last night is 2nd time. He lived in nice area in SE by Reed college ("Reds" movie bio with Beaty?) but marriage went bad so he bought 1br condo overlooking Willamette River in NW which run about $500,000. Has about 20 floors. Not sure where his condo is.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-1

Were they going to burn down all 20 floors?

kizmet1

Sep-1

I don't know.Fire was in street.The rioters do really dumb things. All they care about is "???" and deleting many cops (head of dept is black) by lowering funding.
I really don't know what they want. I doubt most of the riotersdo, either. Blacks have held high gov't positions via election for years. IMO, they should make sure kids get a hs diploma and possibly one in college or trade school.That helps a lot more than rioting and getting arrest records.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-1

Yes, you have to wonder how they have so much free time to riot. Are they out of work due to Covid? Are they chronically unemployed?  Are they educated? Some are white college students on break.  What about the rest?

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-1

Yes, high positions during elections and from being hired.  I only know one Black person who was always unemployed the past ten years but his history was such that he had a good business that failed during Obama’s term due to administration business practices. Then he was in school. He now has a new career and was hired during the pandemic by a rich white person.  Obviously a privileged racist, right? Guess who that person who got the job supports for President? The other Black people I know are a photographer, several doctors and surgeons, a business owner and a school administrator in a big school district, and some church pastors, musicians, and singers and teachers. All successful, some highly successful. Not one of them or their children is rioting.  Not one of them has been a victim of white racism or privilege.

• Edited September 1, 2020 3:55 pm  by  Showtalk
kizmet1

Sep-1

Unemployment insurance?
Other forums tell of very luxurious busses traveling from IL to other places. In checking Portland's list of cop precinct rioters I saw many from out of state.
kizmet1

Sep-1

And they all have diplomas? What a novelty?
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-1

They were shipped in on touring buses? That is more interesting.