Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rioting In Portland,Again   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-5 by kizmet1; 11193 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-2

There are people of every race in gangs. Some groups are more obvious and well known than others.

kizmet1

Sep-2

This was back when refugees started arriving. Social workers put most into a very nice complex where a lot of retired people lived. The families from VietNam were "citified" and communicated in French until they learned English. The people from the other nations in SE Asia were very slow to adapt. Dogs and cats suddenly disappeared. The complex was near a gov't building which had a very nice yard and refugees were invited to grow food. Suddenly, opium poppies started growing. Gangs started forming. Most were Hmong and Minh who were not Christians like the Viet Namese were. It was a really nice complex but the fighting among tribes from other countries ruined it for people, especially those with kids. My cousin had 3. She shared an indoor staircase with a VN judge but even tho she could get by in French he and his family kept to themselves and moved ASAP.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-2

I didn’t know that history. Thank you. My area has had a small but growing Asian population, like most areas.

Showtalk said:

Who is paying for the buses?

Immediate guess is George Soros is in the thick of it behind several layers of money laundering to make it look spontaneous rather than his and the DNC's black ops divisions, probably assisted by the Chinese and Russians.

But of course really finding out requires some disgruntled person in the midst of the machinery who is bold enough to actually snitch, and leak hard documentation, knowing they will be "unpersoned" very fast. Because of course the unwritten code among all criminal organizations, is "snitches get stitches".

There's probably a bit of "lead or silver" dilemnas posed to various people along the way - those who cooperate either by corruption or otherwise looking the other way are rewarded handsomely. And of course if one is too honest to take the silver, then they get the lead - either literally like those who cross the drug cartels and other organized crime, or figuratively with some kind of prosecution and incarceration to silence them.

There's also an old KGB saying from the Soviet Union that roughly translates to "you show us the man, we'll find you a crime". It's the same old kind of extortion technique of organized crime but cloaked in the trappings of a corrupt government power and faux legitimacy.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-2

People arrested in Wisconsin came from all over the country.

kizmet1

Sep-2

Portland started with a good Chinese population who came to the NW to build the RR and stayed. Many settled in the big cities of Seattle, Portland and in CA and went into restaurant or import business. One was my family's portrait photographer.
The Japanese came to work as servants on trains until they could buy farms in various areas of the NW or get jobs that kept them home more. It was hard after leaving the farm camps of WW2 but they survived.
I have noticed that those who showed obvious bias toward Asians, Native Anericans and even Catholics here came from a different part of the US. Everyone has different biases, depending on where they spent their early years and the attitude of their parents.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-2

Yes, that is true, and sometimes those who discriminate were discriminated against in a previous setting.

Showtalk said:

People arrested in Wisconsin came from all over the country.

Indeed they did. I wonder,

1) how much were they paid under the table or reimbursed to participate in the "rent-a-mob",
2) are the puppet masters who summoned them going to help with their fines and lawyer fees or just leave them twisting in the wind, hung out to dry, and
3) are any of them going to declare any of the money on their income taxes; or are they wagering that January 2021 (or maybe July 2022 by the time ballot recounts are finally done with), President Pence will order the IRS to keep a hands-off approach and bury any irregularities they stumble upon regarding rioters / looters / arsonists.