Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rioting In Portland,Again   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-5 by kizmet1; 15909 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-23

I haven’t seen a single story in over a week. Have they stopped? 

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-23

It looks like Portland is quiet.

kizmet1

Sep-23

No. They took time off for a fewdays when it rained but returned to the ICE HQ a couple of miles south of downtown Portland. Not sure if it is Fed property ir a rental. Be nice if Feds own it. Adds more to the FED cops' file on them. City cops are bending over backward way too much to be nice.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-23

Cops don’t want to be targets anymore. It looks like all the action has moved to Louisville, which is a very bad situation.  I agree with protests there, but I hope there is no violence.

kizmet1

Sep-23

After the huge messes they made here I doubt anyone really knew what was happening and why. Portland honored Rosa Parks by naming a major street after her (runs by a park rose garden).
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-23

Has the street named for her been there long?

kizmet1

Sep-23

About as long as she has been dead. It was Lombard and it runs by Peninsula Park which has a rose garden.
kizmet1

Sep-23

Ironically, the rioters met there a couple if times and probably didn't now that one street had her name.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-24

Did they destroy the garden?  I hope not.

kizmet1

Sep-24

If they did, it wasn't in the news. I would feel bad if they did. My gm was a very active user of the park. Formed th garden club and played volleyball until I came along.