Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rioting In Portland,Again   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-5 by kizmet1; 16256 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-24

Did they destroy the garden?  I hope not.

kizmet1

Sep-24

If they did, it wasn't in the news. I would feel bad if they did. My gm was a very active user of the park. Formed th garden club and played volleyball until I came along.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-24

It sounds like a beautiful area.

kizmet1

Sep-24

It is. A very walkable neighborhood .
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-24

You are lucky.

kizmet1

Sep-24

I live far from it but no matter how many riots are in it, I will always have good feelings about it. If I had the money I would move back.
kizmet1

Sep-24

Last night's riot was downtown and bad but small. It had Molotov cocktails being tossed and fire started in the Justice Center. It was about what was happening in Kentucky, as if Portland is responsible for a death by police there.
A conservative group applied for a permit to meet in a large park near a racetrack but were refused due to the coronavirus and the possibility of people getting too close to each other
  • Edited September 25, 2020 1:43 am  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-24

They are back at it then

kizmet1

Sep-25

Yes, they stopped for the rain and started up again due to what hit the news about Kentucky.
kizmet1 said:

I just wish the mainstream medua would give mire recognition to these people.

The mainstream media are often de facto accomplices - so of course they aren't gonna betray those they are protecting. It might even be a "silver or lead" kind of bargain, or as would be said in "The Godfather", an offer they can't refuse. "Nice media company you have there. Be a shame if it caught fire some night. Cover us in a favorable light and your fire insurance is paid up."