Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rioting In Portland,Again   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-5 by kizmet1; 16888 views.
kizmet1

Sep-25

So far, the gov has put a ban on evicion and foreclosure.

It still won't help landlords who are faced with no cash flow and leaky roofs with water damage, water heater out, furnace or air conditioners that need servicing, and other problems that crop up in any rental property.

kizmet1

Sep-26

Right but at the same time people are going back to work again. Slowly, things may pick up again if Trump is around. If only more people didn't feel opening a bar was the way to do it.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-26

Some of the worst injuries coming out of rioting were people trying to protect their property.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-26

Opening a bar makes them a good income. Better than restaurants. Booze has a huge mark up.

Yeah there's a lot of work needed in other areas besides a bar. But, I guess we are in a distinct minority when it comes to the need for lots of social interactions.  I haven't set foot in a bar in well over 3 decades, probably closer to 4, back when the drinking age was still 18.

But some people absolutely can't function as a lone wolf with minimal interactions with others, with no entertainment or "shore leave" type stuff.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-26

I’m social and don’t like bars.  So many alcoholics.

kizmet1

Sep-26

I used to go to clubs where they had dancing and drinking. I still would if I knew a man who could dance. The difference is that I went to dance, mostly to live music, not to go to a "meet (aka "meat market" to drink. Places I went to were fratetnal clubs and the same people would show up.every week (ie a certain ice skater's mom, a really nice person nothing like the movie).
kizmet1

Sep-26

I have yet to have a "legal drink" in public place. I have had Mogen David at home in bed with a cough.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-26

Those are more dance halls than bars. Dancing in a good sense.