Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rioting In Portland,Again   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-5 by kizmet1; 16019 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-26

Some of the worst injuries coming out of rioting were people trying to protect their property.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-26

Opening a bar makes them a good income. Better than restaurants. Booze has a huge mark up.

Yeah there's a lot of work needed in other areas besides a bar. But, I guess we are in a distinct minority when it comes to the need for lots of social interactions.  I haven't set foot in a bar in well over 3 decades, probably closer to 4, back when the drinking age was still 18.

But some people absolutely can't function as a lone wolf with minimal interactions with others, with no entertainment or "shore leave" type stuff.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-26

I’m social and don’t like bars.  So many alcoholics.

kizmet1

Sep-26

I used to go to clubs where they had dancing and drinking. I still would if I knew a man who could dance. The difference is that I went to dance, mostly to live music, not to go to a "meet (aka "meat market" to drink. Places I went to were fratetnal clubs and the same people would show up.every week (ie a certain ice skater's mom, a really nice person nothing like the movie).
kizmet1

Sep-26

I have yet to have a "legal drink" in public place. I have had Mogen David at home in bed with a cough.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-26

Those are more dance halls than bars. Dancing in a good sense.

kizmet1

Sep-26

It was fun. I miss it.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-26

I’m sure you do.

Showtalk said:

So many alcoholics.

Cue up an old episode of The SImpson's from before the era of Caller ID. Bart calls Moe's Bar.

Moe: "Moe's Bar, Moe speaking."

Bart: "I'm looking for Al. Al. Coholic."

Moe (calling out): "Is there an AlCoholic here?"

Bart: (laughing, hangs up)

Moe: "I'm gonna find that little punk"