Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rioting In Portland,Again   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-5 by kizmet1; 21717 views.

Makes me wonder about archaeologists a century from now and what they will guess about the ruins of the modern world from what is still standing. Or what is not standing. And with so much information in bits and bytes that can all be erased with a few mouse clicks if the platform on which it is stored decides it's something they don't like, how many big voids will end up in the historical record.

Showtalk said:

How did she make all that money as a government employee?

Probably the way government officials strike it rich all throughout history. Graft / bribes, extortion, back smoke-filled room deals.

Speaking fees. Ghost written book deals.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-28

I just saw a video from someone filming a fallen temple from the BC era. Parts of it were still standing.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-28

Joe.  No last name because I don’t want to get political but read the news from the last week. It’s not good for old Joe.

Showtalk said:

I just saw a video from someone filming a fallen temple from the BC era. Parts of it were still standing.

Stone tends to survive for thousands of years. So does Roman concrete. There's some stone stuff that dates back to about 13,500 years ago, which is the tail end of the last Ice Age, or the Erik von Daniken believers would say, one of the times the aliens landed and gave the ancients a huge technological boost.

Or that's when they found the first Monolith and got a lot smarter as a result, as a step to finding the second Monolith buried on the moon in 2001: a Space Odyssey.

Well, some people would vote for a yellow fire hydrant it it were running on their party ticket.

Or a serial killer who got off on a technicality. Or maybe a Hannibal Lechter that people suspected might be a cannibal but just no one had found the bodies yet.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-28

Yes the Monoliths.  And HAL.

Hal. Open the pod bay doors, Hal.

I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave.

<banging> Open the @#$!! door! It's Dave!

Dave's not here, man.

( 2 totally different skits blended)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACfNSqsi_mE

Showtalk
Host

Oct-29

Is there some Cheech and Chong thrown in?

Yes. Back in the 1970s, there was this dude in our dorm who was an aspiring comic, and he deadpanned that combined skit. Had everyone laughing.