Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rioting In Portland,Again   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-5 by kizmet1; 21737 views.
Showtalk
Host

Oct-29

Is there some Cheech and Chong thrown in?

Yes. Back in the 1970s, there was this dude in our dorm who was an aspiring comic, and he deadpanned that combined skit. Had everyone laughing.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-29

I bet it was. College kind of prompts strange humor in people.

Definitely.

Speaking of riots, someone on a local radio show this morning said the cure for rioters and arsonists on your street is to have a very large tank of water and a gas engine powered high velocity pump, fire hose, and a proper nozzle.

You can put out the fires really fast if you have managed to get a large agricultural water tank into the building somehow, or even one of those above-ground swimming pools that can be unfolded inside and filled with water from, say, Thursday night until Tuesday. Turn off the heat and dump in enough ice until it is around 2 to 3 degrees Celsius (about 34 to 36 Fahrenheit).

Then when the rioters arrive, you just barricade yourself on an upper floor with the fire hose and nozzle. You can immediately put out a fire. And if the rioters try to breach your defenses, you just turn the water hose directly on them.

Being soaked with near freezing water just takes your breath away. With some real pressure behind it, it will get inside a hoodie and soak the perp to the skin instantly. It stops the threat immediately.

It also provides some plausible deniability, as you could always claim that you saw what looked like an open flame like someone was lighting an incendiary device, so you put out the fire. Too bad it was just an orange or amber LED light, it looked like a fire.

With enough pressure you can project a good stream of water a half a block - that's enough to also quickly extinguish a fire in a building across the street, and so, officer, that's why we rigged up the fire hoses - to save the neighborhood from being burned out again since the fire trucks were not going to respond and run over the rioters to save my place.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-30

Hosing down the rioters? Isn’t that racist or something? 

Showtalk said:

Hosing down the rioters? Isn’t that racist or something?

Oh, I'm sure that certain types who look for and fihd (or manufacture) racists under every rock, in the heating patterns on their breakfast toast or in a tortilla, in patterns in the clouds, and in the fur of Halloween cats, would absolutely call it racist.

I call it basic firefighting 101. Hose down any potential ignition sources and you stop fires before they can spread.

Kind of like a sign I saw once to get people to stop polluting the air with their cigarettes.
"This is a smoke free zone. If you are seen smoking, you will be assumed to be on fire, and appropriate actions will be taken to extinguish the fire." It was posted right next to a fire hose behind a window that says "In case of fire, break glass".

If they don't want to get soaked with freezing water, don't play with matches.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-30

They would not be criticized for hosing down white supremacists if there were any. Funny my autocorrect kept changing that word to Supreme Court, which would make sense if I wrote about it often but I never do. Even when talking about ACB I mentioned her by name.

kizmet1

Oct-30

My hose w ill get a psint sprayer with red paint that e ill be easy for police to spot.
Rioters are expanding to suburbs here. Only time until they find me.
Showtalk
Host

Oct-30

I hope they don’t go your direction. Get that paint can ready.

kizmet1

Oct-30

Thanks, I well.
I may hook an extra long hose up inside the basement and aim it thru the window screen with weed killer on it. I don't think a hose fits a kitchen faucet.