Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rioting In Portland,Again   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-5 by kizmet1; 21720 views.
Showtalk
Host

Oct-30

Hosing down the rioters? Isn’t that racist or something? 

Showtalk said:

Hosing down the rioters? Isn’t that racist or something?

Oh, I'm sure that certain types who look for and fihd (or manufacture) racists under every rock, in the heating patterns on their breakfast toast or in a tortilla, in patterns in the clouds, and in the fur of Halloween cats, would absolutely call it racist.

I call it basic firefighting 101. Hose down any potential ignition sources and you stop fires before they can spread.

Kind of like a sign I saw once to get people to stop polluting the air with their cigarettes.
"This is a smoke free zone. If you are seen smoking, you will be assumed to be on fire, and appropriate actions will be taken to extinguish the fire." It was posted right next to a fire hose behind a window that says "In case of fire, break glass".

If they don't want to get soaked with freezing water, don't play with matches.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-30

They would not be criticized for hosing down white supremacists if there were any. Funny my autocorrect kept changing that word to Supreme Court, which would make sense if I wrote about it often but I never do. Even when talking about ACB I mentioned her by name.

kizmet1

Oct-30

My hose w ill get a psint sprayer with red paint that e ill be easy for police to spot.
Rioters are expanding to suburbs here. Only time until they find me.
Showtalk
Host

Oct-30

I hope they don’t go your direction. Get that paint can ready.

kizmet1

Oct-30

Thanks, I well.
I may hook an extra long hose up inside the basement and aim it thru the window screen with weed killer on it. I don't think a hose fits a kitchen faucet.

Indeed, they wouldn't even be criticized for hosing down white supremacists with live bullets, much less cold water.

Now one thing someone else suggested is, stock up on paintballs and practice shooting them. Get some with a more difficult to wash out dye in them, or use a syringe to replace some of the paint with a more permanent pigment, ideally something bright and fluorescent that will stain everything the person splatted with it touches in an attempt to wash it off.

Then you carefully aim and splat the apparent ringleader / agitator in the crowd with a couple of good hits. As long as you aren't hit in the face, a paintball stings, maybe leaves a bruise or a welt, but it mostly just leaves you well marked.

With a high potency fluorescent dye mixed in, the instinct when splattered with a paintball is to try and wipe it off with one's hand. So the fluorescent dye then stains the skin on their hand. They wipe the hand on pants. Nice handprint streaked on britches leg. They get in a car. Nice handprint on the car handle. They open the gate to their apartment building. Another handprint. They track the stuff right to their lair.

There is also a chemical that fluoresces a very bright yellow-green that under visible light isn't too impressive. It's kind of oily and even a 10,000x diluted solution of the stuff on someone's hand will cause them to leave invisible fingerprints that won't wash off even in rain for over a week. It shows up under a black light like a bunch of firefly fingerprints, and everyone and everything they touch gets marked.

So you can just follow their trail through a crowd with a UV light. Everyone they brush against will have traces of this stuff on them, but Ground Zero person is going to end up pretty much covered from head to toe and be lit up under a black light like a Christmas tree.

A paintball full of this stuff usually will end up on their feet, shoes, as well, so they can potentially leave a nice trail of footprints you can follow for miles on a sidewalk or a street.

Field improvisation - go to the auto parts store and get a large bottle of refrigerant tracer dye. I have accidentally spilled a single drop of this stuff before and now 3 years later, I have a tool box that still has surfaces that glow brightly under a black light.

If you inject this into a few paint balls, they will probably end up smearing it *everywhere*. They'll be really easy to track down later.

Paint sprayer will work. Once you get hit with, say, Rustoleum Safety Red after it's gone through a 3,500 PSI airless sprayer, it will dry much faster than they can get the stuff off. If you get the paint in their hair, about the only thing they can do is shave their head to get rid of it.

Any of the oil based paints will stain the #@!%! out of them. Latex based house paint can be washed off and diluted pretty fast if they get to it while wet. Oil based paint, being immiscible with water, will just smear further.

Another very hard to hide color on most clothing and skin is a bright purple to lavender shade, again, using an oil / alkyd type paint.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-31

I hope the rioting doesn’t get anywhere near you.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-31

In some states, paintball guns are classified as weapons and illegal to shoot at someone.